- Spend 2 days exploring the Scottish Highlands with this guided tour
- Search for the elusive Loch Ness Monster while traversing all 23 miles of the famous loch
- Stay in the Highlands capital of Inverness, in locally-owned accommodation
- Walk in the ancient Caledonian pine forests
- Take in views of Ben Nevis, Britain’s highest mountain
See the beauty of the famous Loch Ness and stay in Inverness, the capital of the Scottish Highlands, on this 2-day small group tour.
Depart Edinburgh and head north across the River Forth towards the Highlands. A short stop in Dunkeld is followed by a walk along the River Tay, or perhaps at the nearby Hermitage, before you head for the holiday town of Pitlochry for lunch.
From here the tour now takes you past Blair Castle into the Cairngorm National Park, where you will spend some time taking in the majesty of this amazing area, deep within the ancient Caledonian Pine Forests of the Rothiemurchus Estate. You then continue north and arrive at your destination of Inverness, where you will be dropped off at your accommodation. The evening is free for you to explore the capital of the Highlands.
After a leisurely breakfast you will be picked up from your accommodation in Inverness and explore the surrounding countryside en route to Loch Ness. Here you have the chance to take a boat trip along the loch with great views of Urquhart Castle, or to stay on shore and visit the impressive ruins of the castle, overlooking the loch.
You will spend your lunchtime on the southern shore of the loch in the charming village of Fort Augustus. The Caledonian Canal, which links the lochs of the Great Glen, dominates the town and makes a great place to relax and watch the boats sail by. You now continue south past Ben Nevis and Fort William to Glencoe. This haunting glen was the scene of a terrible massacre in 1692, where many of the Clan Macdonald were slaughtered.
The return journey continues over the wild and remote Rannoch Moor and into the countryside around Stirling, before finally reaching our starting point of Edinburgh.
Tour transport in a 16-seater minibus
Accommodation in a bed and breakfast (1 night)
- Return time - approx 7:00 PM
- Maximum number of participants is 16 for a more personal experience
- It is recommend you bring suitable clothing and footwear for your tour. Scotland can be a wet place!!
- Accommodation: a selection of small, locally owned, guesthouses and B&Bs in the city of Inverness. All rooms are en-suite. The guesthouses may be up to 20 minutes walk from the city center. For individual travelers please select the single accommodation option. For 2 or more people travelling together please choose the twin room shared option
- Minimum age to participate is 5 years
- You're restricted to 14 kg (31lbs) of luggage per person. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items
Cancel up to 14 days in advance for a full refund