My Guide Website?
Edinburgh: 24-Hour Family-Friendly Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour2006 Reviews
Hop-on to a City Sightseeing Edinburgh bus tour and enjoy unlimited hop on hop off for 24 hours. Discover sights such as Edinburgh Castle and the Grassmarket, as you travel on an open-top, double-decker bus with panoramic views of the city.
- Tour Edinburgh at your own pace with a 24-hour ticket for the hop-on hop-off bus
- Enjoy panoramic views from the open-top deck
- Hop off at Edinburgh Castle and get great city views
- Learn as you go with the informative on-board audio commentary
- Keep the kids entertained with kid-friendly historical stories
DescriptionExplore Edinburgh at your own pace with a hop-on and hop-off open-top bus tour. Enjoy the onboard commentary that describes the history behind the city. Stop at locations like St Andrew Square, Johnstone Terrace, the Royal Mile. See sights like Edinburgh Castle and Grassmarket. Board the bus and begin your city adventure. Compare Edinburgh's Old Town, where families lived in cramped conditions and rubbish was thrown out of the windows, to the elegant Georgian New Town, with its 3 main streets and square at either end. Hear about the hangings that took place in the Grassmarket as you marvel at the impenetrable Castle Rock above you, and hear about historic attempts to capture Edinburgh Castle. Drive along the Royal Mile, which joins Edinburgh Castle to the Palace of Holyroodhouse. Use the 24-hour ticket to hop on and off as you please. With great visitor attractions, museums, galleries, and restaurants to suit every taste and budget, Edinburgh's got it all! Buses run every 30 minutes, making the following loop: Tour Stops: 1. St Andrew Square - Northside 2. Lothian Road - Waldorf Astoria 3. Grassmarket 4. Lauriston Place 5. Johnstone Terrace - Edinburgh Castle, The Scottish Whiskey Experience 6. Lawnmarket - Gladstone's End, The Real Mary King's Close 7. Chambers Street - National Museum of Scotland 8. St Mary's Street West 9. Canongate - John Knox House 10. Royal Mile - Scottish Parliament, Palace of Holyrood House 11. Dynamic Earth 12. Regent Road - Burns Monument
Includes24-hour hop-on hop-off bus ticket One of the best audio commentaries in 9 languages plus 'Horrible Histories' Kid's Commentary Headphones Kids go free until March 31st 2023! Up to three kids can travel free per adult ticket Please still add child tickets to the cart when making your purchase
- Start Point: St Andrew Square - Northside
- Operational season: All year-round.
- First departure: 9:00 AM. Last tour departure varies depending on the time of year. Check locally for the latest timetables.
- Frequency - every 30 minutes. Please check locally for the latest timetables.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- 4:00 PM (November-March)
- Ticket Length: 24 hours
- Full mobility facilities on all tour buses, and a subtitled screen downstairs for those who are hard of hearing
- With your voucher, enjoy flexible access for up to 12 months from the travel date you select at check-out
- Kids go free until March 31, 2023. Up to three kids can travel free per adult ticket. Up to 3 kids are free per adult ticket for those who book and travel before this date
- CS Edinburgh bus will be diverted until further notice between Chambers Street and Canongate via Nicolson Street, West Richmond Street, The Pleasance and St Mary’s Street