My Guide Website?
Edinburgh: Full-Day City Center Shore Excursion7 Reviews
Enjoy an 8-hour shore excursion of the ancient city of Edinburgh, and visit historic Edinburgh Castle. Learn all the secrets of the Royal Mile, visit the majestic Holyrood Palace and much more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Edinburgh:If youʻre booking your trip to Edinburgh last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit Edinburgh Castle, named the UK's top heritage attraction.
- Marvel at the baroque architecture of the Palace of Holyroodhouse!
- Explore Edinburgh's New Town and take in all of its Georgian Architecture.
- Take a stroll along the famous Royal Mile, with the Castle standing at the top.
- See some of the famous 'wynds' (alleys) off the Royal Mile
DescriptionDiscover the sights of Edinburgh on a full-day shore excursion, departing from Edinburgh. Take a round-trip tour of the city center, and continue onto the Royal Mile to visit historic Edinburgh Castle, named the UK’s best heritage attraction in 2014. Learn all about its history, and see the famous Stone of Destiny; the traditional crowning seat of the ancient Scottish monarchs. Then, enjoy some free time for refreshments and to explore Castlehill, the city’s oldest street. Discover one of the many atmospheric “closes” or alleys running off the back-bone of the Royal Mile. See attractions such as St. Giles Cathedral and the Scottish Parliament building. Next, visit the Palace of Holyrood House, the official Scottish residence of the Royal Family. Learn the history of the baroque palace, best known as the home of Mary Queen of Scots. Finally, visit Duddingston Loch in Holyrood Park. Dates and Ship Names: 2023 April 11th, 19th, 26th May 6th, 9th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 22nd, 26th, 28th, 29th June 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 22nd, 24th, 27th, 29th July 4th, 6th, 11th, 12th, 16th, 19th, 23rd, 25th, 28th, 29th, 30th August 4th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 26th, 28th, 29th, 30th September 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 14th, 16th, 21st, 26th
IncludesTravel on a modern, comfortable coach. Live commentary from your expert driver-guide.
- Unfortunately this tour cannot accommodate children under 4 years old
- Translations can be provided on request
- This is a Shore Excursion, and therefore designed for cruise ship passengers only