Edinburgh: Ghostly Underground Vaults Tour2712 Reviews
Go on a thrilling ghost tour of Edinburgh's Old Town that takes you underground to the Edinburgh Vaults. Join your cloaked guide on a journey to reveal the ghostly, unsettling, dark history of the city's past and its people.
- Take a guided tour through Edinburgh's Old Town, as you are told tales of its ghostly past
- Enjoy the picturesque walk through cobblestone streets
- Venture into the underground haunted vaults of the city
- Hear the history of the area that once housed the slums and red-light district of Edinburgh
- Listen as your cloaked guide shares the gory details of the crime and horror that once plagued the city
DescriptionFollow your guide as you explore Edinburgh's ghostly past through the streets of the Old Town. This walking tour that leads you around town and down underground into the Edinburgh Vaults. Listen as your cloaked guide tells you tales of the city's dark and grim past as you are led along the Royal Mile on cobblestone streets. If you dare, step into the narrow alleyways, which are only a few feet wide. Next, make your way to the South Bridge, and head underneath, where Edinburgh's Vaults are located. Once storage areas for businesses and shops in the area, the vaults were taken over in the late 1700s and turned into living spaces. Eventually the area became home to slums and the city's red-light district. As you walk through these now-vacant rooms, you will hear tales of the deplorable living conditions, as well as of the crime that once raged through the vaults. When you emerge from the underground, consider yourself lucky that it isn't in the dead of night.
IncludesGuided tour Exclusive access to Blair Street Underground Vaults Headsets to hear guide better
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability