My Guide Website?
Edinburgh: Glenfinnan, Fort William, and Glencoe Day Tour407 Reviews
Experience the beauty of Glencoe, Fort William, and Glenfinnan Viaduct on a guided day trip from Edinburgh. See the filming sites of many Harry Potter scenes, dramatic Glencoe, and Loch Shiel.
- Soak up the dramatic and haunting scenery at Glencoe
- Have a relaxing stop at Fort William, at the foot of Britain's tallest mountain
- See the 'Harry Potter Bridge' at Glenfinnan and the 'Black Lake'; Loch Shiel
DescriptionTry a Glenfinnan, Glencoe, and Fort William adventure, beginning in the heart of Edinburgh city center from Royal Mile. Take in the scenery of classic modern Hollywood films. Depart Edinburgh's bustling streets, pass some of its most iconic sights like Edinburgh Castle on your way out, and begin your journey north into the rugged Scottish Highlands. Stop for refreshments at the gateway to the Highlands in Callander before continuing to Glencoe. Drive through the land where James Bonds' Skyfall was filmed. See the backdrop to some scenes from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Pause here for photos and to learn all about the history of Glencoe, including the massacre of the MacDonald clan in 1692. From the atmospheric Glencoe, travel further along the banks of Loch Linnhe to the Highland town of Fort William, which sits at the foot of Britain's tallest mountain - Ben Nevis. Stop here to stretch your legs and have an early lunch break. Next, continue on to Glenfinnan Viaduct, the location of many Harry Potter scenes, encased by the shores of Loch Shiel. See the location of the Jacobite Steam Train, and of “Black Lake”. Take in the setting for the Triwizard Tournament, and the loch on which Hogwarts sits. Continue on to Glenfinnan Monument, which symbolizes one of the most important events in Scottish history; the 1745 Jacobite uprising. Next, departing Glenfinnan, you’ll begin your return journey to Edinburgh, stopping for refreshments at the small village of Pitlochry.
IncludesDigital translations Knowledgeable Driver-Guide Luxury Modern air-conditioned coach
- The Jacobite Steam Train runs from May 1st to September 29th, 2023; between these days your tour stops at Glenfinnan Viaduct to see the Harry Potter train cross the bridge
- The Jacobite Steam Train is operated by another company, therefore it isn't guaranteed that your tour and their train will meet up at the same time
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom£57.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today