Edinburgh: Greyfriars Kirkyard Walking Tour
Take a tour around Scotland’s most infamous graveyard, Greyfriars Kirkyard. Learn more about the lives of many of the incredible characters inhumed in this picturesque historic burial-ground.
- Discover the secrets of the 16th century graveyard at Greyfriars Church
- Hear the fascinating stories of its notable deceased
- Expect the unexpected from this once not so peaceful burial-ground
- Decipher the cryptic and curious meanings of fascinating funeral art
DescriptionExplore Greyfriars Kirkyard, one of the most atmospheric, haunted, densely populated, and interesting burial grounds in Scotland. With your expert guide learn more about the lives of its famous and often infamous expired occupants, from the endearing and humorous to the horrifying and disturbing. Find out what inspirations J.K Rowling took from this 16th-century graveyard for her Harry Potter novels and discover the often cryptic and enigmatic meanings behind beautifully carved tombstone engravings and sculptures. Hear of the measures which were taken in an attempt to prevent grave-robbing and the consequences of this plundering. Uncover the dark stories related to the graveyard and hear more about a malevolent poltergeist who is said to still haunt Greyfriars to this day.
IncludesProfessional, costumed guide Gratuities
- This tour takes place rain or shine, please dress accordingly
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY