Edinburgh: Haunted Graveyard Tour20 Reviews
Experience Covenanter’s Prison in Greyfriar's Graveyard, lair of the infamous Mackenzie Poltergeist. This entity is responsible for hundreds of "attacks" on the tour, and is now the best documented supernatural case in history.
- Hear about the Mackenzie Poltergeist
- Enter Covenanters Prison
- Learn about the area's dark history
- Listen to horror and humor throughout your tour
DescriptionCombining history, humor and horror, you walk will end inside the Covenanter’s Prison, a locked section of a 16th-century walled cemetery. This is the lair of the 'McKenzie Poltergeist', which is now the best-documented paranormal case in history. As well as receiving massive national and international television and newspaper coverage, the McKenzie Poltergeist is the subject of an acclaimed book, 'The Ghost That Haunted Itself', of which signed copies will be available after the tour. Since your tour company has the only access to the prison, they have been able to record all of the 'attacks' on visitors there. So far there have been over 900, including 180 people who have been knocked unconscious. Researched and designed by best-selling historical author and award winning novelist J A Henderson, these walks combine the weirdest stories, wickedest humor, and the wildest history.
IncludesMackenzie Poltergeist stories Royal Mile Greyfriars Graveyard Covenanter's Prison
- This tour can cause genuine physical and mental distress, and you partake in this tour at your own risk
- The tour is not suitable for under 12s, pregnant women, or anyone with a heart condition or difficulty walking
- Anyone under the influence will be turned away
- No stag or hen parties permitted
- Please wear sensible footwear
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY