Edinburgh: Loch Ness and Scottish Highlands Full-Day Tour571 Reviews
Look out for Nessie on a full-day tour from Edinburgh to Loch Ness, and see Ben Nevis which is the highest mountain in the UK. Enjoy a picnic lunch in the Highlands, then find Nessie on a cruise! Head back to Edinburgh via beautiful Perthshire.
- Drive through the Scottish Highlands on a full-day tour to Loch Ness
- See Ben Nevis; the highest mountain in the UK
- Go monster watching on an optional Loch Ness boat cruise
- See the underwater life at Loch Ness via hi-tech imaging systems
- Enjoy Scottish shortbread and sandwiches with a complimentary picnic lunch
- See the world-famous Forth Rail Bridge and the brand new Queensferry Crossing
DescriptionHead north from Edinburgh and pass the imposing ramparts of Stirling Castle. Skirt the Trossachs Rob Roy country, and cross the wilds of Rannoch Moor before stopping at dramatic Glencoe; the scene of the infamous 1692 massacre. Your journey takes you through Fort William. Pass Ben Nevis, Britain’s highest mountain, before entering the Great Glen. Arrive at the pretty Highland village of Fort Augustus on the banks of Loch Ness, and enjoy a lovely picnic with freshly made sandwiches, fresh fruit, shortbread and Scottish mineral water. If you fancy something more substantial, your guide will happily recommend some great local cafes. Take an optional boat cruise on the loch, go for a scenic hike, or just relax by the Caledonian Canal. If you choose to sail along the waters of Loch Ness, it really is an unforgettable experience. Your boat is eqipped with the latest hi-tech color, sonar, and underwater imaging system, giving you a fascinating view of the underwater terrain and life. You might even see Nessie! You can also relax with a coffee or beer in the on board bar. Having seen the best of the Scottish Highlands, it's time to head back to Edinburgh via shimmering Loch Laggan and the wild and lonely Drumochter Pass. Head south and enter Perthshire, a land of forests, rivers and mountains. See the spectacular Forth Bridge before arriving back in Edinburgh at around 20:00.
IncludesLocal Scottish guide Transportation by air-conditioned minibus with WiFi Picnic lunch Loch Ness boat cruise (if option is selected) Audio Guide (subject to availability) Hotel pick-up
- Please note that this tour involves a long day of driving, and covers over 300 miles (500km) in 12 hours
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Please be advised that children under 5 years old may not take part in the tour, while anyone aged 5-17 must be accompanied by an adult. There are no maximum age restrictions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability