Edinburgh: Palace of Holyroodhouse Ticket928 Reviews
Discover the regal splendor of Edinburgh’s Palace of Holyroodhouse complex with an entrance ticket to the Queen’s official Scottish residence. Explore the State Apartments, see Mary Queen of Scots' historic chambers, the Throne Room, and more.
- Explore the Queen's official residence in Scotland at Holyroodhouse
- Learn about dramatic events from Scotland's history in Mary Queen of Scots' chambers
- Wander the picturesque ruins of the 12th-century Holyrood Abbey
- Enjoy a refreshing drink, snack or lunch in the Café at the Palace (own expense)
- Stand in rooms still used by the Queen for official and private engagements
- Discover the changing tastes of successive monarchs
DescriptionWander the opulent state rooms and lavish gardens of the Palace of Holyroodhouse, Her Majesty The Queen’s official Scottish residence, located at the end of Edinburgh’s Royal Mile. Once inside the baroque palace, learn about its close associations with Scotland's history via a complimentary multimedia guide (available in 9 languages). Visit the State Apartments to see the changing tastes of successive monarchs. Marvel at fine plasterwork ceilings and Brussels tapestries, along with paintings and other artworks in rooms still used by the Queen and Royal Family for official ceremonies. Go to the Throne Room to see where lunch was served to the Knights and Ladies of the Order of the Thistle when a new knight was installed. Discover where the Queen holds her private audiences in the Morning Drawing Room. Continue to the Great Gallery, where Scottish residents named in the New Year’s Honours List or Queen's Birthday Honours List receive their award at an Investiture ceremony. Admire Jacob de Wet's portraits of real and legendary kings of Scotland in the Great Gallery, the largest room in the palace. Learn about dramatic events from Scotland’s history in Mary Queen of Scots' historic chambers, where she witnessed the brutal murder of her secretary, Rizzio, by her jealous husband, Lord Darnley. At the end of your multimedia tour, enjoy a refreshing drink or light lunch (own expense) at the Café at the Palace.
IncludesEntrance ticket to the Palace of Holyroodhouse Multimedia guide (available in 9 different languages) Transfers Food and drinks
- You may be subject to security checks. Some items may have to be checked in and reclaimed at the end of your visit
- Tickets purchased through GetYourGuide cannot be converted into a 1-year-pass
- For safety and security reasons, a 1-way route operates inside the Palace of Holyroodhouse • Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted in the Palace of Holyroodhouse • In consideration of other visitors, mobile phones must be switched off inside the Palace of Holyroodhouse
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability