My Guide Website?
From Edinburgh: The Whiskies and Liqueurs of East Lothian16 Reviews
Time to excite your tastebuds. On this trip, indulge in array of East Lothian’s best beverages.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Edinburgh:If youʻre booking your trip to Edinburgh last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Sample an array of East Lothian’s best beverages
- Wander around the picturesque seaside village of North Berwick
- Taste a superb selection of gins at Buck & Birch Distillery
- Sample the malt whiskies at Glenkinchie Distillery
DescriptionMake sure you have a good breakfast this morning, you're going to need it. Your first stop is Glenkinchie Distillery*, nestled ever-so-quaintly in a peaceful glen. Founded in 1825, this distillery languished in obscurity for over 150 years before becoming an international brand at the end of the 1980s. Hear how this distillery became such a success, see the huge stills, and sample the Malt Whiskies. Then head to the coast to North Berwick, one of the most beautiful seaside villages in East Lothian. Have your binoculars at the ready and admire the birds of Bass Rock while you enjoy a spot of lunch. After you’ve breathed in the sea air and savoured some local specialities, you get on the bus and travel to Buck & Birch Distillery. These drink connoisseurs launched in 2016 with a mantra that they 'don't follow convention'. Their unique liquors express the landscapes that inspired them and are perfect for pleasure seekers, foodies, chefs, cocktail-lovers, and adventurers. From here, enjoy your journey back to Edinburgh as you travel through quaint villages and the golden wheat and barley fields. *Itinerary and distillery visits are subject to change.
IncludesTour and Tasting at Buck and Birch Distillery and Glenkinchie Distillery included Transportation by 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach Professional driver-guide Small-group Tour with maximum of 16 people for a more personal experience
- Minimum age to participate is 18 years of age
- Restrictions of 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items