My Guide Website?
Isle of Skye, Loch Ness & The Highlands 5-Day Tour5 Reviews
Journey through the Highlands of Scotland on a 5-day tour of the Isle of Skye, Loch Ness, and Inverness. Ride the Jacobite Steam Train, see Eilean Castle, cross historic Rannoch Moor, learn about the old Scottish fight for independence, and more.
- Drive through majestic Highland scenery
- Stay in the pretty towns of Oban and Inverness
- Ride the stunning Jacobite Steam Train from Mallaig to Fort William
- Enjoy an optional whisky distillery tour
- Learn the fascinating history of the Highland Clans and their last stand at Culloden
- Take the ferry over the sea to Skye
- Cruise Loch Ness
DescriptionDay One: Head north to Stirling and the towering Wallace Monument, with stunning views of the Castle. Enter the Highlands heading through wild Rannoch Moor and Glencoe and on to the fishing port of Oban, where you'll stay overnight. Day Two: Take the steam train from Fort William, crossing the viaduct featured in the Harry Potter movies, where a monument to Bonnie Prince Charlie’s campaign now stands. You'll take the ferry to Skye where you can explore the Clan Donald Skye, former home of the MacDonalds, before driving north to your overnight destination. Then stay overnight in the Isle of Skye. Day Three: Explore more of the mysterious island that's full of awe-inspiring mountains, myths and legends before returning to the mainland to view Eilean Donan Castle and wind your way along the Great Glen to infamous Loch Ness. Stay overnight in Inverness. Day Four: Hunt for the elusive monster with a cruise on Loch Ness before turning northward and the stunning beauty of the north west Highlands. Take in the beautiful town of Beauly with its Priory dating back to 1230, then visit the rugged and isolated mountains that secure Scotland's place as one of the last great wilderness in Europe. Stay overnight in Inverness. Day Five: Explore Culloden Battlefield on Drumossie Moor, scene of Bonnie Prince Charlie’s defeat back in 1746. Then head onward to Aviemore in the Cairngorms National Park, south to Pitlochry, and take the chance to visit a whisky distillery before your return to Edinburgh.
IncludesFour nights' accommodation in a 3-star B&B with full Scottish breakfasts Trip on the world-famous Jacobite Steam Train Loch Ness cruise Ferry ‘over the sea’ to the Isle of Skye Whisky distillery tour 5 full-day excursions in a Mercedes-Benz midi-coach Services of a professional local guide throughout the tour Clan Donald Skye Culloden Visitor Centre Meal Options
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Please be advised that children under 5 years old may not take part in the tour, while anyone under 17 must be accompanied by an adult. There are no maximum age restrictions
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them to board and disembark.
- Each traveller is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase weighing no more than 33lbs (15kg) and 1 carry-on bag
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now