My Guide Website?
Isle of Skye & The Highlands 3-Day Tour from Edinburgh44 Reviews
Discover the very best of the Scottish Highlands on this exciting 3-day tour from Edinburgh. Explore the misty Isle of Skye, look out for the monster at Loch Ness, discover the violent history at Glencoe and admire the spectacular Eilean Donan Castle.
- Admire the amazing sight of Ben Nevis, Scotland’s highest mountain
- Visit Eilean Donan Castle, an iconic image of Highland Scotland, perfectly situated on an island surrounded by awesome scenery
- Explore the Isle of Skye, an island with some of the most dramatic sea cliffs in Scotland, sea birds, and marine wildlife
- Visit the famous Loch Ness, Scotland’s legendary lake, best known for the alleged sightings of a monster
- Learn about the bloody massacre of the Macdonalds at Glen Coe in 1692, one of the most notorious acts in Scotland’s long and violent history
DescriptionThis 3-day tour takes you on a discovery of the beautiful mountain scenery and fascinating sights of the Scottish Highlands and the Isle of Skye. Visit numerous glens, lochs and castles in some the most dramatic landscapes in the country, including Eilean Donan Castle, the Fairy Glen, Loch Ness and Glen Coe. You will be transported from Edinburgh through the highlands and the Isle of Skye in a comfortable minicoach. Learn about the long and violent history of the Scottish Highlands with your tour guide, from the bloody massacre of the Macdonalds at Glen Coe to Scotland’s great patriot William Wallace, whose name has resounded through British history for 700 years. Detailed itinerary Day 1 The tour first stops off at the delightful village of Dunkeld where you can explore the ancient cathedral grounds and walk through the mature woodland alongside the mighty River Tay. Continue north to the wild mountain scenery and misty locks of the Pass of Killiecrankie, Cairngorm National Park and Laggan. Admire Scotland’s highest mountain Ben Nevis along the Great Glen to Invergarry before travelling onwards through the stunning Glen Shiel (Five Sisters of Kintail) to Eilean Donan Castle. Enjoy the great views from the Skye Bridge as you drive onto the island under the shadow of the Cuillin Mountains to Portree where you will be dropped off at your accommodation. Please let the tour provider know your preferred accommodation choices when booking. The accommodation is reserved for you and should be paid for on arrival. Day 2 Today is spent touring the Isle of Skye, a flexible itinerary at the discretion of your driver/guide * (see below). Enjoy a half-day scenic drive along the dramatic Trotternish Ridge with its spectacular cliffs and rock formations. Stops can include Lealt Waterfall, Kilt Rock sea cliffs, the Old Man of Storr rock pinnacle and a walk at the Quiraing mountain pass. Another popular stop is the Fairy Glen, a delightful miniature Highland landscape and legendary home of the 'wee people'! The second half of the day explores the stunning southern part of the island which includes well-known sights and some hidden gems discovered over the years. Nestled under the Cuillin mountains is beautiful Glen Brittle. Rugged scenery surrounds you and there are several fantastic options for this section of the tour, including a short walk in the iconic mountain landscape. Another popular excursion is the drive to Neist Point lighthouse for spectacular views to the Western Isles. The 13th century home of the famous Clan McLeod, Dunvegan Castle offers guided tours, a useful wet-weather option because of Skye's famously changeable weather. It's not called the 'Misty Isle' for nothing! * Please note depending on weather and traffic conditions the itinerary is flexible to maximize your time on Skye. Day 3 After returning to the mainland you drive past the Five Sisters of Kintail before stopping at the world-famous Loch Ness. Enjoy lunch in Fort Augustus at the southerly tip of Loch Ness before continuing on through Fort William to Glencoe. Learn about the bloody history of the famous glen and admire the wild scenery before heading on to Tyndrum for a break. Return through the Lowlands and Stirling to Edinburgh in the evening.
IncludesGuided tour in English Transportation by comfortable Mercedes mini-coach Group tour (maximum 16 passengers) Live commentary on board Accommodation (please let the tour provider know your preferred accommodation choice when booking) Food and drinks Entrance fees Tip (optional)
- Please note, children under 5 years of age are not allowed on this tour
- In the event of a tour being canceled by the tour operator, clients will be promptly informed and offered: a transfer to a substitute tour or an alternative tour, or a full refund
- No refunds are offered if a customer is late for a tour/cannot find the pick-up point
- The cost of your accommodation is not included and you should budget for 2 nights accommodation in Portree, Isle of Skye (to be paid at the accommodation) Please let the tour operator know your preferred accommodation choice at the time of booking:
- Hostel: £20 to £30 per person, per night (please confirm the number of male and female travellers)
- B&B single or single occupancy of a double room: £50 to £90 per person, per night
- B&B en-suite double or twin: £100 to £150 per room, per night (2 sharing)
- B&B en-suite triple or quad: £150 to £200 per room, per night (3 or 4 sharing)
- Hotel: £150 to £200+ per room, per night (2 sharing)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now