Loch Ness, Glencoe & Scottish Highlands Tour from Edinburgh145 Reviews
Explore some of Scotland's most iconic sites and stunning scenery, including the dramatic Glencoe, the mighty Ben Nevis and the infamous Loch Ness where you can go monster spotting! Enjoy a locally produced picnic lunch along the way.
- See the beautiful and historic Highland landmarks of Stirling, Glencoe and Loch Ness in this one-day tour
- Feast on a locally produced picnic lunch
- Learn about the area's history from one of our passionate local Guides, renowned as the best in the business
- Stop at quaint Highland villages on the trip back to Edinburgh
- Go monster-spotting on an optional Loch Ness boat cruise
DescriptionHeading north from Edinburgh, pass the imposing ramparts of Stirling Castle and skirt the Trossachs (Rob Roy country) before crossing the wilds of Rannoch Moor and moving on to dramatic Glencoe, the site of the massacre of the McDonald clan in 1692. The tour takes you past Fort William and Britain's highest mountain, the mighty Ben Nevis, before following the Great Glen and stopping in the village of Fort Augustus by the shores of mysterious Loch Ness. You then have the option to take a boat trip on mysterious Loch Ness and hunt for Nessie, explore the shores of the loch, or simply relax and enjoy your free locally produced picnic lunch. A typical lunch includes a bottle of Scottish mineral water, a choice of freshly made sandwiches, and shortbread. Your return journey passes south along Loch Laggan stopping at one of the quaint Highland villages along the way. After one last look at the spectacular Forth Bridges, arrive back in the capital at around 8:00 PM. Loch Ness Cruise option: A cruise on Loch Ness is an unforgettable experience, where you might just catch a glimpse of Nessie. Locally-owned custom-built boats are used, designed with sonar and underwater imaging systems, giving you a fascinating view of the terrain and life underwater. You can also enjoy the views with a coffee or beer from the onboard bar. The cruise lasts about 1 hour. You can purchase your cruise ticket from your guide on the day of the tour. Tickets cost £12 (a savings of £1.00 on the standard ticket price) and allow you to board the boat immediately on arrival in the village without having to queue. The Loch Ness Cruise is subject to availability during winter months.
IncludesTransportation Guide Picnic lunch Other meals Loch Ness cruise fee (optional)
- Please note Loch Ness is a long drive from Edinburgh but well worth it! Not only do you get a great experience of Scotland's most famous loch but you will travel in style on bespoke midi-coaches, which have been custom built for your comfort. There are stops along the way to stretch your legs and take in some quality Highland air. Travel insurance is recommended. Please note that children under 5 years old cannot participate in this tour.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability