Loch Ness, Highlands & Whisky Distillery Tour from Edinburgh1015 Reviews
Experience the natural beauty of the Scottish Highlands on a full-day coach tour to Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Trossachs National Park. Go to a working whisky distillery for an optional tasting. Stop for lunch in Fort Augustus and more.
- Explore Loch Ness and Fort Augustus and take an optional boat cruise on the lake
- Follow in the footsteps of James Bond and Harry Potter at Rannoch Moor and Glencoe
- See the highest mountain in the British Isles as you travel through Fort William
- Visit a working Scotch whisky distillery and take an optional whisky tasting tour
- Hear stories of Scottish heroes such as Rob Roy MacGregor and William Wallace
DescriptionHop on an air-conditioned luxury coach (up to 32-34 seats) for the start of your tour. Depart Edinburgh and first pass the fortress that is Stirling Castle. Hear your tour guide tell tales of William Wallace and Robert the Bruce, and the bloody battles fought out on these lands. Arrive at Deanston Whisky Distillery, which is the first stop of the tour. Here, you can take an optional tasting tour of this working whisky-distillery. If whisky is not your thing, skip the tour, and enjoy breakfast, or a coffee, at the distillery cafe, ‘The Coffee Bothy’. Next, drive through Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. Your Scottish guide will tell you the story of Rob Roy MacGregor, the most famous (or infamous) Highlander to ever live. Follow in the footsteps of James Bond ('Skyfall') and Harry Potter ('Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban') as you travel to the stunning Highland valley of Glencoe. Hear the eerie story of the Clan MacDonald massacre of 1692. Travel through Fort William, home to Ben Nevis, which at 4,409 feet is the highest mountain of the British Isles. Arrive on the south bank of Loch Ness in the charming village of Fort Augustus. Here, you will find lots of cafes, shops and restaurants for a relaxing lunch. Take a stroll along the banks of the Caledonian Canal. Then, experience the majesty of Loch Ness on an optional relaxing 1-hour boat cruise. See if you can catch a glimpse of 'Nessie', the legendary Loch Ness Monster. Admire the impressive Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge with breathtaking views of the Nevis Range. Enter the beautiful Cairngorms National Park and discover 'Monarch of the Glen' country. Drive along Loch Laggan before the roads climb high above the Grampian Mountains. Travel over the Pass of Drumochter, which links the northern and southern Central Highlands. Experience the majesty and drama of a mountain pass created by glacial activity during successive Ice Ages. Finally, make a short stop in the beautiful Victorian town of Pitlochry, before making your way back to Edinburgh city center, arriving at approximately 8:30 PM.
IncludesLocal Guide Transport on a fully air-conditioned midi-coach Optional Activity Tickets Meals Tips (optional)
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the visit to the Whisky Distillery is currently not currently possible, it will be replaced with additional stops/time elsewhere on the day
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 7 years old
- All tours will be required to meet a minimum number of passengers in order to run, you will be advised prior to departure if your trip is affected. In case the tour cannot operate you will be offered an alternate dates or a full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability