Loch Ness & The Highlands with Hotel Pick-Up from Edinburgh689 Reviews
Take the ultimate Scotland tour, experience the beauty of the Scottish Highlands and see for yourself if the Loch Ness Monster is lurking under the water.
- Travel through Glen Coe
- Walk along the banks of Loch Ness, or take an optional cruise
- Stop near Fort William for lunch on your own
- Enjoy spectacular views
- See the Forth Road and rail bridges
DescriptionExplore the beauty of Scotland’s Highlands on a 12-hour scenic driving tour by comfortable coach. Following a hotel pick-up in central Edinburgh, you will head towards Stirling, catching views of the Castle and Wallace Monument. Continue towards Callander, and stop for morning coffee, and the chance to meet “Hamish the Hairy Coo.” Head northwards to the Highlands over Rannoch Moor, until you reach the dark, brooding Pass of Glencoe, where you will stop to learn the haunting story of the famous massacre of 1692. After crossing Loch Leven at Ballachulish, stop for lunch in the Fort William area, then follow the course of the Caledonian Canal up the Great Glen to Fort Augustus on Loch Ness. Here, you have the option to cruise on the loch for approximately 1 hour, or relax in the tranquil village on the banks of the loch. After Loch Ness you will head South East and take in magnificent views of Loch Laggan. You should catch a quick view of the magnificent Blair Castle, home of the Dukes of Atholl for over 700 years, before making a stop in picturesque Pitlochry, a delightful Victorian resort town. Then head south through the Kingdom of Fife, past Perth and over the Forth Road Bridge alongside the amazing Forth Bridge before arriving back in Edinburgh.
IncludesHotel pick-up (where possible) Transportation Guide Lunch Boat cruise
- It is not always possible to pick-up from the door of hotels or guest houses. The local tour provider will do its best to ensure you do not have to walk far to meet the tour
- No guarantee can be given that you will be dropped off exactly where you were picked up. Sometimes you can be, depending on the route back into the city. Your driver will discuss this with you. Drop-offs are at convenient points back in the city center
- This tour has an 8 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now