Western Highlands: Castles and Lochs Tour from Edinburgh
Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Western Highlands of Scotland and visit some of its most famous castles on a guided tour from Edinburgh. See picturesque lochs, loch-side villages, and stop at historic castles that have been seen on TV and in movies.
Are you a business owner in Edinburgh?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Edinburgh.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- See Doune Castle, the filming location for Outlander, Game of Thrones, and Monty Python & the Holy Grail
- Admire views of Loch Awe and Kilchurn Castle
- Explore the beautiful loch-side town of Inverary
- Visit Luss on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond
DescriptionYour full-day tour makes its first stop in the village of Doune, home to Doune Castle, a well-preserved 14th-century structure situated in the lovely Stirlingshire countryside. Enjoy a 10 per cent discount on the price of admission, and take an audio tour of the castle, narrated by Monty Python's Terry Jones. Hear the exciting history of the medieval castle and its residents. Doune Castle is the atmospheric stand-in for the fictional Castle Leoch in the TV show Outlander and has also been used as a filming location for Game of Thrones. Next you’ll head into the Highlands, passing by lochs and mountains before you arrive at Kilchurn Castle, situated on the banks of Loch Awe. This is one of the most photographed castles in Scotland. Later you’ll visit Inverary, where your driver/guide will take you on a tour of the picturesque town. You’ll have time to enjoy lunch and perhaps visit the jail, or the castle, which is seen in the Downton Abbey series. As you leave Inverary you’ll enjoy views of Loch Fyne, famous for seafood, and then head over the mountains with a brief stop at the top of the Rest and Be Thankful Pass. The final stop of the tour will be in the village of Luss located on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. Your drive back to Edinburgh will take you through Stirling, where you’ll see Stirling Castle.
IncludesTransportation Guided tour Admission fees Audio guides Lunch Gratuities
- Please be ready at the entrance of your accommodation as the driver is unable to leave the coach to come inside the hotel/guest house. You are urged to arrive promptly as latecomers cannot be accommodated. You should familiarize yourself with the agreed meeting point in case there is a rare occasion you cannot be collected from your accommodation. No refund will be given for late passengers or passengers who miss the coach. Please note that several vehicles are deployed to complete the morning pick-up service and transport passengers to the main coach to begin the tour. Therefore, the vehicle you board initially may not be the one that takes you on the tour. This tour has an 8 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Royal Highland Braemar Gathering, transfer from Edinburgh
This excursion from Edinburgh to the Braemar Gathering drives through spectacular Scottish countryside for an action- packed day. It is an experience fit for a Queen. And14 ReviewsFrom £36.00
Private Harry Potter Day Tour For Small Groups
Visit some of the most astonishing landscapes in Scotland, where many scenes of Harry Potter were shot. As a private tour, you can do it at your own pace. Put your wizard1 ReviewsFrom £590.00
Old Edinburgh's Gory Stories: Kids Underground Tour
Learn about the creepy characters of yesterday, amidst Edinburgh's secret underground. Hear some unbelievable historical tales the whole family will enjoy, as you explore7 ReviewsFrom £14.00
Guided Bike Ride: Edinburgh and Beyond
Get off the beaten track, see historic buildings and hidden trails through and beyond Edinburgh. Join this tailor-made tour, traveling at your own pace across a distanceFrom £40.00
Edinburgh's Hidden Treasures Black Taxi Tour
Let your registered driver and guide show you the majors attractions in Edinburg. From the comfort of an iconic London taxi, you can see the hidden treasures of EdinburghFrom £375.00
Hadrian's Wall & Roman Britain 1-Day Tour from Edinburgh
Enjoy a day spent discovering the highlights of Roman Britain and Hadrian’s Wall on this small group tour from Edinburgh. Journey through the heart of the Scottish Bord52 ReviewsFrom £42.00
Private Bicycle Tour
Discover the secrets Edinburgh by bike! See some of its most iconic buildings and film locations, and explore the lush surroundings of the city.From £850.00
2-Hour Chauffeur-Driven Eco-Friendly Custom Tour
Enjoy a bespoke, all electric chauffeur-driven tour of the historic and breathtaking old and new town of Edinburgh, with a knowledgeable driver-guide.1 ReviewsFrom £40.00
BT Murrayfield Rugby Stadium Tour
Visit one of the great sporting stadia of the world and the largest sports venue in Scotland. Discover how since the inaugural match in 1925, Scottish Rugby has had a ric1 ReviewsFrom £10.00
Edinburgh Castle: Skip-the-Line Guided Tour
Skip the lines for a 1.5-hour tour of Edinburgh Castle and hear stories of one of the world’s most heroic and bloody national histories. Enjoy panoramic views over Edin540 ReviewsFrom £32.00