Alnwick Castle and Scottish Borders Tour from Edinburgh61 Reviews
Venture into the borderlands between Scotland and England on this full-day tour from Edinburgh. Visit Alnwick Castle, featured in the Harry Potter movies. Explore the town of Kelso with its historic abbey. Admire the wonderful Northumberland Coastline.
- Visit the town of Kelso with a ruined abbey, cobbled town square, and beautiful boutique shops
- Cross the Border into England along the route that was used by cattle thieves
- Explore Alnwick Castle, famous for its role in the Harry Potter movies
- Take in the views of the captivating Northumberland Coastline
- Learn about the history of the wars between the Scots and the English
DescriptionExplore the borderlands of Scotland and England during this full-day tour from Edinburgh. Stop at the charming town of Kelso, where you can explore this handsome town and what is thought to be Scotland’s largest market square. You also see the ruins of Kelso Abbey, a reminder of the many ancient conflicts between Scotland and England. Follow the ancient Roman Dere Street that connected Scottish Caledonia with Roman Britannia through the Scottish Borders. Stop at the charming town of Melrose, home to the remains of the Cistercian Abbey and the burial place of the heart of Scottish king Robert the Bruce. Cross the border and travel to thousand-year-old Alnwick Castle, one of the great castles of Northumberland. Originally built to protect the north of England from Scottish Border Reivers and invaders, more recently Alnwick Castle and its perfectly manicured gardens have found fame as one of the settings for the fictional Hogwarts School in the Harry Potter movie series. After around 3 hours at Alnwick, travel north along the stunning Northumberland Coast. You stop on your way back to Edinburgh at one of the beautiful historic villages or castles that pepper the rolling landscapes of Southern Scotland.
IncludesTransportation by deluxe, air-conditioned mini coach Local driver/guide Lunch and refreshments Entrance fees to attractions Optional activity costs Personal expenses Gratuities
- Because this tour spends time off the bus and features opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended that you bring suitable clothing and footwear
- Minimum age to participate is 5 years
- You're restricted to 14 kilograms (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability