My Guide Website?
Alnwick Castle and Scottish Borders Tour from Edinburgh56 Reviews
Combine movie magic and historic wonder on this trip to the Scottish Borders. Alnwick Castle is the true star of this show. Not only was it a key location for Harry Potter films, it’s a historic location of epic conquests and royal splendor.
- Take in the scenery along the Scottish Borders coast on a day trip
- See the castle in Northumberland that served as the setting of Hogwarts
- Upgrade your experience with a ticket to Alnwick Castle and Gardens
- Soak in views of the picturesque 5th-century Bamburgh Castle
- Stop at the border town of Coldstream and learn about its history
DescriptionOn this 9.5-hour excursion from Edinburgh you’ll visit the picturesque town of Coldsream and the inspiring Bamburgh Castle. But it’s Alnwick Castle that’s the main destination of the day. It’s been a key filming location for Harry Potter and Downton Abbey and is a historic location in its own right. You will leave Edinburgh in the morning and head east to the Scottish Borders. Enjoy the views of gently rolling hills and dramatic coastlines along the way. The first stop is the beautiful coastal town of Bamburgh. Take a stroll to the stunning beach and view the picturesque 5th-century Bamburgh Castle sitting on a natural throne of volcanic dolerite. In the afternoon you’ll visit Alnwick Castle. Admire the large stately rooms and the stunning architecture or learn a little about all the popular films and TV shows filmed at the site, including Harry Potter. After spending time in Alnwick, you will return over the border and into Scotland. Entry to Alnwick Castle is optional and can be selected at time of booking. The final stop is Coldstream's border town, which lies on the north side of the River Tweed. Hear about the turbulent past of this charming town before your journey ends in Edinburgh in the early evening.
IncludesTransportation Guide Downloadable audio guides Entry to Alnwick Castle and Alnwick Gardens (if option selected)
- Please be advised that children under 5 years old may not take part in the tour, while anyone under 17 must be accompanied by an adult. There are no maximum age restrictions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom£52.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today