Edinburgh: Book a Local Friend7 Reviews
Book a local Edinburgher for a personalized tour. Ditch the travel guides, decide where to go, what to see and what to do together with your private, personal, like-minded guide, with a friend who knows what you like the city will unveil its best to you.
- Be matched to a knowledgeable local guide based on your interests and personality
- Spend time in Edinburgh with a host, who will customize an experience of the highland capital just for you
- See the real Edinburgh through the eyes of your host, a local, but also manage to tick off some of the bigger attractions too
- Explore local neighborhoods or the most famous areas of the city — the choice is yours
- Stop for any drinks, meals, or snacks at any place that catches your fancy: be it a food market, eatery, or Scottish pub
DescriptionBook this tour and your hosts will contact you within 24 hours and ask you questions about your preferences and interests, so they can match you with the right profile and assign a like-minded local Edinburgher. You'll be paired with guides that are passionate about the place they call home and who choose to spend their free time sharing it with like-minded travelers matched to them. Keeping in mind your personal answers they will put together a bespoke itinerary, just for you. Please note that this will be outlined but flexible. They will arrange a meeting with your guide in the most convenient place for you. If during the tour you feel like changing direction, or your guide believes that you'd enjoy a sight or different experience, they will suggest and discuss with you changes to the itinerary. Enjoy discovering amazing spots in Edinburgh that you don't know about and are difficult to find in any guidebook or on the Internet, because they are lesser known to the crowd but beloved by locals! The day revolves around your wishes so enjoy your private tour and let your local show you the Edinburgh you will love!
IncludesPrivate and personalized 2, 4, 6 or 8-hour tour with a local host Booking of tickets, attractions and venues as required Local guide Pick-up from your accommodation (if reasonable within reasonable distance) Walking tour (other transport can be arranged at additional cost) Food and drinks Any tickets into attractions Gratuities (optional) Transportation to/ from meeting point Public/private transportation during the tour
- Tours are fully personalized so any additional requirements like tickets, transportation and food & drinks can be arranged for an additional cost. Private groups are normally no larger than 6 people (if your group is larger, please make this known so that arrangements can be made). Please book at least 24-hours in advance so the best experience can be built for you.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability