Edinburgh Christmas Tour with a Local1 Reviews
Discover Edinburgh at its most magical time of year as the Christmas lights glitter and the whole city gets into the festive spirit. Your customised experience will be built around you and your interests, getting you in the Christmas spirit in no time.
- Be matched to a knowledgeable local guide based on your interests and personality
- Explore the charming streets of the Old Town and see Edinburgh’s best Christmas lights and the most festive sights
- Browse the European and Scottish markets to buy gifts or indulge in some festive food and drinks
- Stroll through the winter wonderland in Princes Street Gardens, seeing the ice skaters or getting on the ice rink yourself
- Warm up in a local pub and enjoy a festive drink with your guide, getting tips and tricks for other Christmas things to do in the city
DescriptionJoin a like-minded local to discover the most festive parts of the city, strolling through the beautiful cobbled streets of the Old Town while they’re draped with magical Christmas light displays. Your host will show you where the best Christmas lights in the city are, and share festive traditions with you so you can discover what Christmas is really like for the locals. You'll be paired with guides that are passionate about the place they call home and who choose to spend their free time sharing it with like-minded travelers matched to them. Visit the the famous European Christmas Market, complete with ice rink, Ferris wheel and enough fairy lights to light up the North Pole. Perfect if you just want to take a stroll, soak up the festive vibes and shop for some gifts whilst munching on a bratwurst and sipping a spiced cider or hot chocolate. Stroll through Princes Street Gardens and enjoy the warm glow of the glittering trees and light displays - and you might even spot Santa or his elves. Then browse the Scottish Market to pick up some locally-made gifts or foodie treats, before you head off for a festive feast at a restaurant recommended by your guide, or to enjoy a wee dram together in a local pub.
IncludesPrivate and personalised experience 3 hours with a local host 1 alcoholic or soft drink per person Pick-up at your accommodation is possible (within a reasonable distance) Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost) Additional food and drinks not mentioned in itinerary Tickets to any attractions Transportation costs Gratuities (optional)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability