My Guide Website?
Edinburgh: Greyfriars Kirkyard Tour20 Reviews
Take a guided afternoon stroll through Edinburgh's most famous cemetery and hear many surprising historical tales related to the individuals interred within its grounds.
- Take a guided walking tour of Greyfriars Kirkyard
- Hear of the interesting stories of famous and lesser-known individuals interred at the cemetery
- Learn about the history of the cemetery, which has been used as a burial ground for centuries
DescriptionMeet your expert local guide and visit the graves of some of the lesser-known individuals buried in Greyfriars Kirkyard. Learn about the lecturer who taught Charles Darwin, an actor buried in full theatrical costume, and a First World War ace pilot. Uncover fascinating stories from centuries past as you wander through Edinburgh's most historic cemetery. Hear more about the mysterious Miss Cathcart. Visit the gravesite of a bestselling novelist from the 1770s. Discover burial sites that have links to contemporary popular culture, namely the Harry Potter book and film series. In addition to learning about the hidden history behind the graveyard, spot the burial places of famous individuals related to the history of Edinburgh.
IncludesLocal guide Entry to Greyfriars Kirkyard
- This tour will take place rain or shine
- Guests should arrive 5 minutes before scheduled departure time