My Guide Website?
Edinburgh: Scenic Bike Tour110 Reviews
Escape the traffic of Edinburgh city center on a trekking bike tour. Discover a secret garden at Duddington Manse, get breathtaking views from the top of Arthur's Seat, and much more.
- See the impressive new Scottish Parliament Building
- Cycle through Holyrood Park
- Walk to the top of Arthur's Seat
- Discover Edinburgh's oldest inn
- Bike along the Innocent Railway Path
DescriptionEscape the crowds and busy streets of Edinburgh city center and get panoramic views of the coast and countryside on a 3 to 4-hour guided bike tour. Choose your bicycle and cycle from the Old Town towards the New Scottish Parliament building and Dynamic Earth visitor attraction at the end of the Royal Mile. Pass the royal Palace of Holyroodhouse and get breathtaking views of the ruins of St. Anthony’s Chapel. Next, make your way up the extinct volcano of Arthur’s Seat, and continue on foot from Dunsapie Loch to get magnificent views from the summit. Cycle back down towards Salisbury Crags and get wonderful views of Edinburgh Castle and the Old Town. Continue to Duddingston Loch to discover the secret oasis of Dr. Neil’s Garden at Duddingston Manse. Bike back towards the city center on the Innocent Railway Path. Pedal through Meadows Park and the Grassmarket to arrive back in the Old Town.
IncludesUse of a regular trekking bicycle Helmet Services of a guide
- Bikes with up to 29 gears are offered, depending on your preference
- The use of the bike is included in the price of the tour
- During the Edinburgh Festival the tour will cover Tweedale Court and other Outlander film locations; the Royal Mile, Old Toll House, Bakehouse Close and White Horse Close; the Palace of Holyroodhouse and the Scottish Parliament Building; Holyrood Park, Saint Margaret’s Loch and St. Anthony’s Chapel; Arthur’s Seat; Salisbury Crags, Duddingston Village, Duddingston Loch and Dr Neil’s Garden; The Sheep Heid Inn; Innocent Railway Path and Tunnel, The Meadows Park, Grassmarket, Edinburgh Castle and the Old Town