Edinburgh: The Dark Side Walking Tour476 Reviews
Uncover the darker side of Edinburgh on a walking tour of the historic city center, and feel the hair on the back of your neck stand on end as you discover gruesome graveyards and hear about the secrets that lie down the narrow alleyways.
- Learn more about the notorious Burke and Hare
- Hear chilling tales of witch trials and burnings
- Visit Canongate Kirkyard and the mausoleums
- Discover the truth about the murder of Mary Queen of Scots’ lover
DescriptionMeet some of Edinburgh's most infamous characters on a fun ghost walk through the dark side of the city center. Learn more about Burke and Hare and hear tales of witch burning, grave robbing, body snatching and mysterious murders. Start on the Royal Mile, where plundered tombs, funeral pyres and mass graves from thousands of years ago are concealed. Get goosebumps as the past is brought to life by your guide and venture to gruesome burial sites such as the Canongate Kirkyard. Prepare to be spooked by spine-chilling tales of real-life cannibals and vampires as the true history of Edinburgh is recreated before your eyes.
IncludesGuide Hotel pickup and drop-off
- • Children aged 13 and under are welcome to join this tour for free, if accompanied by an adult • Please note that the tour includes steep hills and dark and narrow steps. Unfortunately, it is not recommended for pushchairs, those in wheelchairs or with limited mobility
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability