Edinburgh: Underground Vaults Tour1546 Reviews
Join this tour in Edinburgh and visit the vaults beneath Old Town, dating back to the early 18th century. Your costumed guide will tell you about murders, the persecution of witches and the people who inhabited this scary place.
- Take a guided tour of the dimly lit vaults beneath the streets of Edinburgh's Old Town
- Explore the South Bridge vaults and learn about the history of what lies beneath the city’s streets
- Hear about the squalid living conditions and diseases that ran rampant through the area
DescriptionThis vaults tour takes you beneath the streets of Edinburgh's Old Town into a dimly lit space that many considered to be haunted. Your 1-hour tour visits the vaults of the South Bridge that date back to the 1700s. These are the same vaults mentioned on Most Haunted Live as one of the scariest places on earth. Learn how the vaults been used over the years, and the living conditions endured by the poor and homeless residents who frequented them. The darker side of Edinburgh's history will unfold as you wander through the candle-lit underground area. From your costumed guide, you'll hear about the Burke and Hare murders and the persecution of witches. Discover the characters who stalked the streets of Edinburgh, and the paranormal stories associated with the vaults. The Haunted Vaults tour option will cover more paranormal and ghost stories. You will also visit our torture exhibition, to explore how and why these items were used.
IncludesGuided tour of the South Bridge underground vaults
- Due to the damp nature of the location, suitable footwear should be worn
- The entrance of the vaults has a 2-foot tall step and may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note that the indoor sections of the tour are 1 metre physical distancing areas
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability