My Guide Website?
Edinburgh: Underground Vaults Tour5896 Reviews
Enjoy a guided walking tour of the vaults beneath Edinburgh's Old Town. Listen to tales from your guide about murders, witches, and the people who inhabited this supposedly haunted location.
- Take a guided tour of the dimly lit vaults beneath the streets of Edinburgh's Old Town
- Explore the South Bridge vaults and learn about the history of what lies beneath the city’s streets
- Hear about the squalid living conditions and diseases that ran rampant through the area
DescriptionExperience a guided walking tour that takes you beneath the streets of Edinburgh's Old Town into a dimly lit space that many considered to be haunted. Your tour visits the vaults of the South Bridge that date back to the 1700s. These are the same vaults mentioned on Most Haunted Live as one of the scariest places on Earth. Learn how the vaults have been used over the years, the living conditions endured by the poor and homeless residents, and the spirits that are supposed to haunt them. The darker side of Edinburgh's history will unfold as you wander through the candle-lit underground area. From your guide, you'll hear about the Burke and Hare murders and the persecution of witches. Discover the characters who stalked the streets of Edinburgh, and the paranormal stories associated with the vaults. The Haunted Vaults tour option will cover slightly more paranormal and ghost stories. Step into the torture exhibition and explore how and why these items were used.
IncludesTour of the South Bridge underground vaults Guide Entry to the Torture Exhibition (If option selected)
- This tour is in English only. There are no audio guides or translations available.
- The entrance of the vaults has a 2-foot tall step and may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Single-floor spiral staircase at entrance/exit of vaults and further small sections of stairs inside
- Filming or live streaming of the tour is strictly forbidden
- Some historical content may be of a distressing nature and may include subjects like torture, hangings, death, and the like
- Tour without Torture Exhibition suggested suitable for ages 5+
- Tour with Torture Exhibition suggested suitable for ages 12+
- Children under the age of 2 are not allowed on this tour
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be turned away
- Alcohol and drugs are strictly forbidden on tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom£18.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today