From Edinburgh: 3-Day Isle of Skye and The Highlands Tour89 Reviews
Take a 3-day tour of the Highlands, passing Stirling Castle, Loch Ness and Glencoe. Stay 2 nights in Inverness.
- See the magnificent Glenfinnan Viaduct
- Appreciate the majesty of Loch Ness, Glencoe and The Highlands
- Experience film locations used in James Bond, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter and Outlander
DescriptionDay 1: Departing Edinburgh, head north and pass Stirling Castle. Be inspired by tales from your guide of William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. Stop a few miles further north for a tour at Doune Castle. This 14th-century fortress is a filming location for Outlander (Castle Leoch), Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Game of Thrones amongst others. Continue north, into the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, admire the scenery as your tour guide explains the remarkable tribal clan history of the Highlands. Discover the beautiful Glencoe, the most famous valley in Scotland and hear of its tragic history. Admire the spectacular Glenfinnan Viaduct then head north and arrive on the southern banks of Loch Ness to get photos of the infamous monster Nessie! Stop for photos of Urquhart Castle before arriving in Inverness, the Capital of the Highlands, where you'll stay for 2 nights, choosing from a local guesthouse, hostel or hotel. Day 2: After breakfast, depart Inverness and drive across the Kessock Bridge to the Black Isle and marvel at the spectacular scenery of Achnasheen and Loch Carron. Arriving on the Isle of Skye, venture north to explore the highlights of the island, including; the Cuillin Mountains, Trotternish Peninsula, Portree, the Old Man Storr, Kilt Rock and the famous Quiraing. In late afternoon, stop for photographs of the most beautiful castle in Scotland, 'Eilean Donan Castle'. Backdrop to many famous films, such as 'Highlander' and 'Made of Honor', this castle is another must-see iconic landmark! A scenic drive through stunning Glen Shiel follows, returning to Inverness to stay your final night. In the evening, visit a local Highland Pub to drink some Scotch whisky or beer and eat some traditional Scottish food, whilst listening to some local musicians perform. Day 3: Visit Culloden Battlefield, site of the last Jacobite Rising, then 'Clava Cairns', incredible 4,000-year-old, Bronze-Age standing stones. Travelling south, stop at the Highland Folk Museum. Here you'll experience highland life in the 17th century. See the buildings, the clothes and weapons, and how people lived 300 years ago. Then, drive through the dramatic Cairngorm National Park. You will have the chance to experience Dalwhinnie Scotch Whiskey-Distillery for an optional tasting tour before you visit the historic Dunkfeld Cathedral on the banks of the mighty River Tay. Your journey back to Edinburgh takes you across the famous Forth Bridges.
IncludesDriver and tour guide Guided 3-day tour Air-conditioned minicoach Meals and drinks unless specified Optional Scotch whisky distillery tour (£8 per adult, £5 under 18s) 2 nights overnight accommodation in Inverness (see 'Know before you go' for details)
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for children younger than 7 years old Your accommodation in Inverness is not included, but upon booking, the company will contact you to confirm your preference, as below:
- Backpackers/Youth Hostel (£25-28 per person per night)
- Bed & Breakfast/Guesthouse Double/Twin Room (£40 to £70 per person per night)
- Bed & Breakfast/Guesthouse Single Room (£40 to £90 per person per night)
- You are also welcome to book your own accommodation in Inverness for the two nights you are on tour and meet up with the tour each morning in the city center. Please discuss this with the operator
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY