My Guide Website?
From Edinburgh: Loch Lomond, Kelpies & Stirling Castle Tour457 Reviews
Discover the Scottish Highlands on a day tour and see forests, lochs, and stunning mountains. Learn about Scotland's history with visits to Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, and Kelpies.
- Visit Stirling Castle, site of great battles and known as the 'Key to Scotland'
- Explore the land of Braveheart's William Wallace
- Discover 'Scotland in Miniature' at the Trossachs
- Go on a nature trail walk beside Loch Lomond
- Drive through the beautiful landscape of Loch Lomond National Park
- Discover Scottish history in Rob Roy country
- View the Kelpies: the largest pair of horse sculptures in the world
DescriptionExplore the Scottish Highlands and admire its spectacular scenery on a guided tour from Edinburgh. Discover more about Scottish historical figures and events with stops at Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, and Kelpies. Depart Edinburgh and travel through the historic grace of Linlithgowshire. Your guide will help you spot Linlithgow palace, the birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots. On the way to Loch Lomond, make a stop at the Kelpies Monument. These two horses’ heads stand as a testament to the horse power that drove the industrial development of Central Scotland. From here you head to the shores of Loch Lomond, which is Scotland’s largest loch and is protected as Scotland’s first National Park. This is the perfect place to enjoy a walk along the ‘bonny banks’ and take in fantastic views of the mountains. This tranquil area was once the home of Scotland’s famous highland folk hero, Rob Roy MacGregor. By spending time on the trails by the loch you’ll be walking in the footsteps of one of Scotland’s greatest legends. Head into the Trossachs or ‘The Highlands in Miniature’, where the Lowlands meet the Highlands. See steep mountains, shimmering lochs, and thick forests. You stop for lunch in the heart of the National Park then continue to the city of Stirling where you can visit one of Scotland’s most magnificent castles. You can choose to take in the views from inside and understand why this castle was so instrumental in Scottish history. From here, make a short journey back to Edinburgh via Kelpies before arriving back in the capital.
IncludesAir-conditioned mini coach transportation Driver/guide
- You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tour. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.