From Edinburgh: Outlander Experience 2-Day Tour25 Reviews
Follow in the footsteps of Claire and Jamie during this Outlander themed 2-day tour.
- Visit Blackness Castle, Doune Castle and Midhope Castle
- Step back in time 4000 years ago to Clava Cairns
- Explore Falkland Village and Highland Folk Museum
- See Culloden Battlefield, the scene of the last battle fought on British soil.
- Taste whisky at the charming little distillery of Deanston
DescriptionDay 1 Your first visit will be Blackness Castle overlooking the Firth of Forth. The castle was used as the backdrop for Fort William and then Wentworth Prison (or as it in known, Linlithgow Palace). Onwards to Doune Castle, better known as Castle Leoch, home to Colum Mackenzie. The castle has also made appearances in the Monty Python and the Holy Grail film. Stop for lunch and a taste of whisky at the charming little distillery of Deanston. Next, into the Highlands and through Glen Coe with a quick stop at Loch Ness before arriving at your overnight in Inverness. Day 2 Step back in time 4000 years ago at Clava Cairns, the inspiration for Craigh na Dun. Then, continue to Culloden Battlefield, the scene of the last battle fought on British soil. Discover a living history at the Highland Folk Museum and its various time period scenes. Relive one of the first scenes when Jamie's ghost looks up in Claire's room at Outlander's Inverness: Falkland Village. Finally, explore the outside of Lallybroch at Midhope Castle. There will be a quick photo stop before arriving back in Edinburgh.
IncludesTransportation One night accommodation Driver/Guide Meals Admissions
- Children under 3 years old are not permitted on the tour
- Please note the luggage restrictions: Maximum weight: 15kg, maximum size: 55cm x 40cm x 20cm per person plus small carry on
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability