Isle of Skye and West Highlands: 4-Day Tour from Edinburgh10 Reviews
Enjoy a 4-day journey through the spectacular Scottish countryside, taking in the wild beauty of the landscape and the relics of Scotland's past. Highlights include the Isle of Skye and the famous Glenfinnan viaduct.
- Spend time exploring the unruly beauty of the Isle of Skye
- Stroll along the picturesque white sand beaches of Morar
- Enjoy spectacular views of the Grampian Mountains and the Cuillin Hills
- See the iconic Glenfinnan Viaduct, made famous by the 'Harry Potter' films
DescriptionEmbark on a breathtaking 4-day journey through the Scottish countryside, enjoying the grandeur of the Scottish glens, mountains and coastlines at a relaxed pace. Spend some time exploring the beautiful Isle of Skye and stop to take in the dramatic views of untouched nature as you pass the dramatic Glencoe and Glenfinnan. Day 1: Edinburgh - The Kelpies - Glencoe - Fort William Depart Edinburgh at 9:15 AM and travel northwest to visit the Kelpies, the largest pair of horse sculptures in the world and one of Scotland's most fascinating modern marvels. For lunch, stop in either of the small towns of Killin or Callander, passing through beautiful lochs and castles. After enjoying beautiful views of rivers, lochs, and forests, cross the wild and remote Rannoch Moor, a beautiful location for photographers and nature lovers. You then travel to Glencoe, one of Scotland's most famous landscapes, before heading towards Fort William, where the tour stays for the first night. Day 2: Fort William - Mallaig – Skye After breakfast, get picked up from your accommodation and travel by Glenfinnan Viaduct. It's one of the most spectacular railway bends in Britain and featured in the Harry Potter movies. There is also an iconic monument that commemorates the Jacobites who fought for Scottish independence. After arriving in Mallaig, take the ferry with your group to the southern area of the Isle of Skye. Spend your afternoon exploring the incredible landscapes of the Sleat Peninsula, with potential stops at the waterfalls of Glenbrittle or Cuillin Mountains in Elgol. The tour then heads towards the Lochalsh/Skye area, the base for the next two nights. Day 3: Travel through Skye's most iconic scenery Today the tour offers great opportunities to enjoy some of the most famous wonders of Skye, such as Quiraing, Old Man of Storr, Neist Point, etc. This day's itinerary is quite flexible, depending on the weather and the group's interests. Your experienced guide will choose a unique itinerary and will ensure you get a chance to get off the beaten track and discover what the Isle of Skye has to offer. Day 4: Skye - Dunkeld - Edinburgh This morning you say farewell to Skye and travel south through Glen Shiel towards the Central Highlands. Stop at the historic village of Dunkeld, and have the opportunity to visit the ruins of the old cathedral. The tour then heads through the Lowlands, over the Firth of Forth, and gets back to Edinburgh at approximately 6:30 PM.
IncludesTour transport in a luxury 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach Driver/guide Bed and breakfast accommodation (3 nights) Lunch and dinner Refreshments Visitor attractions
- This small-group tour, with a maximum of 16 passengers, gives you a more personal service
- Because you'll have time off the bus, and opportunities to take nature walks, please bring suitable clothing and footwear for your tour
- Accommodation will be in a selection of small, locally owned, guesthouses and B&B's. All rooms are en-suite. The guesthouses may be a short walk from the city center. For individual travelers please select the single accommodation option. For 2 or more people traveling together please choose the twin room shared option
- Minimum age to participate is 5 years
- You're restricted to 14 kilograms (31 pounds) of luggage per person. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55 x 45 x 25 centimeters/22 x 17 x 10 inches) plus a small bag for onboard personal items
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability