My Guide Website?
Loch Lomond, Highlands & Stirling Castle Tour from Edinburgh135 Reviews
Enjoy a full-day scenic excursion into Scotland’s Highlands, with a brief panoramic tour of Glasgow, before heading to beautiful Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle and many other must-see sights.
- Enjoy a short panoramic tour of Glasgow
- Enjoy the sights on a relaxing drive through Trossachs National Park
- Visit Loch Lomond and marvel at the breathtaking views
- Enjoy time in Aberfoyle, the gateway to the Trossachs
- Spend time in magical Stirling with the option to visit the Castle
DescriptionExplore Scotland's Highlands on this day trip from Edinburgh. Travel aboard an airconditioned bus to sights like Loch Lomond. Admire views of Doune Castle and Stirling Castle along the way. Be picked up in central Edinburgh and board a bus with plenty of legroom. Head west and go on a short panoramic tour of Scotland's largest city, Glasgow. See how this once industrial giant is again flourishing. Pass the River Clyde, world-famous for its heavy industry and shipbuilding and stop on the banks of Loch Lomond, Britain's largest expanse of freshwater. Have free time where you can purchase a boat trip or to explore The Loch Lomond. Drive through Trossachs area which was recently designated a National Park, it's a place where the magnificent landscape has fired the imagination of writers and artists for centuries. Continue to the village of Aberfoyle, the gateway to the Trossachs. Take in its lochs, glens, and heather-covered mountains in this area which is well known as the Highlands in Miniature. The location was the backdrop for films like 'Rob Roy' and 'The Lady of the Lake. Travel through the town of Callander and past Doune Castle, which is featured in the movie 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail.' On top of a volcanic rock sits historic Stirling Castle. Have an hour of free time to visit the Castle or buy a refreshment in the castle's Unicorn Café. Snap pictures of stunning views of the Forth Valley, this is the site of William Wallace's famous victory in 1297, home to the Wallace Monument, a 200-foot tribute to the man immortalized in the movie Braveheart. Go southwards as you ride back to Edinburg while listening to Scottish music. Look out the window to see Bannockburn, the scene of Robert the Bruce's famous victory over the English in 1314 and Linlithgow Palace, the birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots.
IncludesPickup from selected departure points in central Edinburgh Tour of Glasgow Scenic tour through the Highlands Stops for refreshments Stop at Loch Lomond Loch Lomond cruise (optional, payable to driver on the day) Time in Stirling with option to visit the Castle Driver-guide Transportation by luxury coach
- If you wish to visit the inside of Stirling Castle, tickets must be pre-booked The itinerary is subject to change due to circumstances such as weather, availability of attractions, and road condition A small number of participants is required to run the tour. In the unlikely event the minimum number is not met and your tour is canceled, a refund, rescheduled date, or alternative tour will be offered Several city center drop-off points are available at the end of your tour and although it might not be exactly where you were picked up, you can discuss the best option for you with your driver-guide