Loch Lomond, Highlands & Stirling Castle Tour from Edinburgh107 Reviews
Enjoy a full-day scenic excursion into Scotland’s Highlands, with a brief panoramic tour of Glasgow, before heading to beautiful Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle and many other must-see sights.
- Enjoy a short panoramic tour of Glasgow
- Head for the Highlands of Scotland and take a scenic drive through the Trossachs National Park
- Learn about Scottish heroes and folk heroes, such as Rob Roy and William Wallace
- See locations from the movies 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail,' and 'Braveheart'
- Gaze at gorgeous lochs, glens, and heather-covered mountains as you journey
- Admire the birthplace of Mary Queens of Scots at Linlithgow Palace
- Take a breather on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond
- Go for a ramble, or ride a boat on Loch Lomond
- Visit Stirling Castle
DescriptionEscape the chaos of city centers and head for the tranquil Scottish Highlands on a 9-hour scenic tour of Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle and more. Following a pick-up from your hotel in Edinburgh, you will take a brief panoramic trip around Scotland’s second city of Glasgow. Then, head west towards Loch Lomond, passing the River Clyde. Stop on the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, Britain’s largest expanse of water, with time for a boat trip or a ramble, if you wish. Move on to the village of Aberfoyle, gateway to the Trossachs, where you will stop for lunch. With its lochs, glens, and heather-covered mountains, this area is often referred to as “Scotland in Miniature.” It was a favorite destination of Sir Walter Scott, who used the location as the backdrop for his “Rob Roy” and “The Lady of the Lake” stories. Drive through the picturesque village of Callander and stop to visit Stirling Castle, location for many scenes in the hit movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. As you drive back into Edinburgh, relaxing music will be played in the coach.
IncludesTransportation Guided tour Entrance fees
- Please note that it is not always possible to pick-up from the door of hotels or guest houses, due to roadworks, one way systems, dead ends or numerous other reasons. Every effort will be made to ensure you do not have to walk far to meet the tour
- Drop off cannot be guaranteed at exactly where you were picked up and depends on the route back into the city. Your driver will discuss this with you. Drop-offs are at convenient points back in the city center
- This tour has a 6 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability