Rosslyn Chapel and Hadrian's Wall Small Group Day Tour155 Reviews
Take a trip into Scotland's remarkable past on this full-day tour from Edinburgh. Discover the legends of the Holy Grail at Rosslyn Chapel. Cross the ancient Scotland/England border at Carter Bar, and visit the edge of the Roman Empire at Hadrian’s Wall.
- Pay a visit to mysterious Rosslyn Chapel
- Learn about the myths and legends surrounding the Holy Grail
- Cross the ancient Scotland/England border at Carter Bar
- Visit the beautiful border village of Melrose
- See the northern limit of the Roman Empire at Hadrian’s Wall
DescriptionVisit intriguing Rosslyn Chapel, explore the town of Melrose, journey to the Scottish Borders, and see Hadrian’s Wall on this full-day tour from Edinburgh. Rosslyn Chapel has always been mysterious, and has achieved worldwide fame since the publication of The Da Vinci Code. This beautiful and highly ornate 15th-century chapel has long been the subject of speculation about its origins and the meanings of its famous stone carvings. Visit the charming town of Melrose for lunch, then cross the ancient Scotland/England border at Carter Bar. Follow in the footsteps of feuding clans and families, known as Border Reivers, who fought a series of violent raids here until the end of the 16th century. Then visit one of the world's most important Roman monuments: Hadrian’s Wall. Travel to Housesteads Fort (National Trust) in Northumberland National Park, the best preserved Roman fort along Hadrian’s Wall. Enjoy a free nature walk along one of the most dramatic and photographed stretches of the wall. Upon returning to Edinburgh, stop in the Border market town of Jedburgh to stretch your legs and take photos of the famous abbey.
IncludesGuided tour in English Transportation by comfortable Mercedes mini-coach Group tour (maximum 16 passengers) Live commentary on board Lunch Refreshments Admission fees to attractions: Rosslyn Chapel (adults £9, concessions £7, under 18s free with family), Housesteads Fort (adults £8.10, concessions £7.30, 5-15s £4.90) Personal expenses Gratuities
- Please note, children under 5 years of age are not allowed on this tour
- In the event of a tour being canceled by the tour operator, clients will be promptly informed and offered: a transfer to a substitute tour or an alternative tour, or a full refund
- No refunds are offered if a customer is late for a tour or cannot find the pickup point
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY