Rosslyn Chapel & Scottish Borders Tour from Edinburgh161 Reviews
Explore some of Scotland's fascinating history and culture on this full-day small group tour from Edinburgh. Learn about the myths of the Holy Grail and Rosslyn Chapel, and travel to Melrose to see its impressive abbey, dating back to the 12th century.
- Take at trip into Scotland's remarkable past on this full-day tour from Edinburgh
- Uncover the myths of the Holy Grail and Rosslyn Chapel, made famous in the 'da Vinci Code'
- Admire the Eildon Hills and the beautiful scenery before visiting Melrose, home to a Cistercian chapel from the 12th century
- Take in Scott's View and the River Tweed, all on a small group tour with a maximum of 16 people
DescriptionDiscover the myths and legends surrounding the Holy Grail and Rosslyn Chapel on this small-group tour! You'll also visit the beautiful Borders village of Melrose with its historic abbey. Departing at 9:45 AM, your tour takes you south to the world-famous Scott’s View, with stunning views over the Tweed Valley and the Eildon Hills. You will also get the opportunity to visit the original Wallace Monument. From here you travel to Melrose, including the chance to explore its great Border Abbey, founded by the Cistercians in the 12th Century. The Cistercian monks had very close connections with the Knights Templar and Melrose Abbey is the burial place of Robert the Bruce's heart, brought back from the crusades in Moorish Spain. Following lunch in Melrose, you will make your way to the stunning 15th-century Rosslyn Chapel, immortalized in Dan Brown’s “Da Vinci Code”. Here, you can find out more about the myths and legends surrounding the whereabouts of the “Holy Grail”. From Melrose, you will return to Edinburgh, arriving at approximately 4:15 PM.
IncludesTour transport Driver/guide Lunch Refreshments Entrance fees to Melrose Abbey and Rosslyn Chapel
- Transportation by top of the range 16 seat Mercedes minicoach for a more personal experience
- There is a maximum of 16 participants per tour
- It is recommend that you bring suitable clothing and footwear for your tour. Scotland can be a wet place
- Minimum age to participate is 5 years
- You're restricted to 14 kilograms (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability