My Guide Website?
Scotland Whisky Explorer: Highlands Day Tour from Edinburgh29 Reviews
Explore the Scottish Highlands and take in some of the country’s most iconic landscapes and sights. You’ll have a chance to try a “nip” of the national drink and take the optional “Famous Grouse Experience” tour at one of oldest whisky distilleries.
- Visit ancient Stirling and see the extraordinary monument to Braveheart
- Tour the Glenturrett Distillery and take the optional Famous Grouse Experience
- Walk through the forest at the Hermitage to the stunning Black Linn Falls
- Explore Dunkeld, a picturesque village famous for its beautiful cathedral ruins
DescriptionDepart from Edinburgh in the morning, heading for the Scottish Highlands via Stirling, the country’s ancient capital. Stirling’s skyline is dominated by its castle and the iconic Wallace Monument. After paying a visit to “Hamish, the Hairy Coo”, continue your drive into the Highlands, taking in the scenic beauty of Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. Along the way, pass by the shimmering waters of Loch Earn before stopping for lunch at The Famous Grouse Experience, one of Scotland’s most famous whisky distilleries. There is an optional guided tour available that provides an insight into how “uisge beatha” (the water of life) is made and takes you on an interactive journey of the history behind one of the best-known brands of Scotch whisky. Having revived yourself with a wee dram, head to the heart of Perthshire to visit the Hermitage and enjoy a woodland walk to the spectacular Black Linn Falls on the River Braan. The return journey takes us to the quaint village of Dunkeld, made famous in Shakespeare’s Macbeth. Dunkeld is also known for its stunning cathedral, situated on the banks of the River Tay. Finally, drive past the Forth Bridges and return to Edinburgh.
IncludesTransportation Legendary guide Downloadable audio guides
- Please refer to our Terms and Conditions regarding travel. There are no refunds for cancellation within 14 days of the departure.