My Guide Website?
The Dark Side of Edinburgh15 Reviews
Follow a terrifying character from history. Listen to the true gruesome history of our beautiful capital. Explore the Old Town within the Flodden Walls and enjoy our dry Scottish humour!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Edinburgh:If youʻre booking your trip to Edinburgh last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the Castle's curse carved into cobblestone of the Grassmarket square!
- Brave Greyfriars Graveyard: one of the most haunted Graveyards in the World!
- Walk the Royal Mile: A tourist hot-spot that once ran dark with blood!
- Discover St Giles Cathedral, the Tron Kirk and the Old Tollbooth Prison!
- Be transported back in time to hear of Edinburgh's grisly history!
DescriptionIf you want a mundane, humdrum history walk, this is not the tour for you. But... if you want to learn what the tourist industry leaves out? The hidden, gruesome crimes and punishments? The long forgotten twisted, sadistic characters? The thousands of lives painfully lost in the cruel grip of Edinburgh's past? Maybe you are brave enough to learn the truth. Hear of witches, cannibals, murders, thieves, body snatchers, blood thirsty mobs and the devil in disguise. We will explore haunted graveyards, hide up darkened closes, spit on the Heart of Midlothian and bravely face where Edinburgh believed the world ended. You even get a chance to knock on Bloody Mackenzie's door, if you dare! Madam McKinnon or William Burke will guide you through our streets under cover of darkness. They've been dead for almost 200 years and they do not take kindly to modern nonsense. They will, however, crack your sides with laughter over their dry Scottish wit. And their tales will chill you to your core. Our tours are historically accurate, with a history this dark there's no need to fabricate!
IncludesHighly trained, talented, local guides who know all the hidden gems of the city A walking performance. Historical tales full of gruesome facts and hilarious delivery Full access to Greyfriars Kirkyard, one of the most haunted Graveyards in the world Small intimate groups so plenty of opportunity to ask questions or request recommendations for activities, locations, restaurants and bars.
- This tour will take place rain or shine. Please dress appropriately. No stairs, but slight hill and rocky terrain in the Graveyard. We try our best to pick mobility accessible routes.