From Islay and The Whisky Coast 4-Day Tour
Enjoy this unique 4-day tour to the “Queen of the Isles” and the Whisky Coast. Islay is home to 8 of Scotland’s finest malt whisky distilleries. Discover the unique peaty flavors of the whisky, and explore the Island's beautiful scenery and long history.
Are you a business owner in Edinburgh?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Edinburgh.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Drive through the stunning Loch Lomond National Park
- Visit the ancient Kilmartin standing stones
- Stay in the charming village of Bowmore
- Tour the Islay distilleries
- Discover the sandy beaches of Islay’s west coast
- Explore Oban, the Gateway to the Isles
- See the distinctive white buildings at Inveraray
DescriptionExplore Islay and become a whisky expert on this unique 4-day tour. Sit back and enjoy the action-packed itinerary as you are driven in style in a luxury minicoach. And learn about the long history and traditions of this special Island. Discover everything Islay has to offer, from stunning sandy beaches to fascinating wildlife and a vibrant local culture. And try the famous Islay whiskies, renowned for their strong peaty flavors and nurtured by the salty sea air. Day 1 On day 1 you’ll travel through Loch Lomond National Park, with visits to Inveraray, Loch Fyne and the Kingdom of Dalriada. Here you can see the Kilmartin standing stones and community museum before catching the ferry to Islay for 3 nights in Bowmore. Day 2 Day 2 gives you the flexibility to visit the lovely sandy bays of Islay’s west coast, Saligo Bay, Kilchoman Distillery, Machair Bay, the tiny harbor village of Portnahaven, Bruichladdich Distillery and the Islay Museum. Day 3 On day 3 you’ll explore the south side of Islay followed by a tour, tasting and lunch with local produce at Ardbeg. Other options include the ruins of Kildalton church or a visit to the community craft producers at Islay House Square and the woodlands along the River Sorn. Day 4 On day 4 you’ll take the ferry back to Argyll and the ancient Kingdom of Dalriada. Lunch will be at Kilmartin, home to 350 pre-historic monuments and stone circles, with some free time in Oban before returning to Edinburgh via Glasgow.
IncludesTransportation by Mercedes mini coach with a maximum of 16 passengers per tour Services of a professional Rabbie's driver/guide All ferry and bridge crossings Accommodation All meals and refreshments Entrance fees to all distilleries and visitor attractions
- Local guide uses a selection of small, locally owned, guesthouses and B&B's. All rooms are ensuite. Guesthouses may be a short walk from the city center. Individual travelers, please select the single accommodation option. For 2 or more people travelling together, please choose the twin room shared option. On occasions, when villages you stay in have events on the local guide may use other locations for your accommodation. They will always inform you if this is necessary.
- Please bring suitable clothing and footwear to enjoy time off the bus and opportunities for nature walks.
- Minimum age to participate is 18.
- On Monday departures, days 1 and 4 will be reversed
- Monday departures offer the chance to see more whisky production as all the distilleries are in operation on weekdays.
- You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person. This should be similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55x45x25cm/22x17x10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 14 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Scottish Dining Experience in Edinburgh
Enjoy an authentic taste of Scottish cuisine with a fellow foodie! Be it a classic Scottish dish in a historic pub or a contemporary twist on the city’s traditional meaFrom £107.00
Edinburgh 3-Hour Bike Tour: Holyrood Park & Portobello
See Edinburgh from the saddle of a bicycle on a 3-hour bike tour of the city center, Holyrood Park and Portobello Promenade. Pedal a mix of cycle paths and safe roads to7 ReviewsFrom £28.00
Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond & Whisky Tour from Edinburgh
Spend a day getting acquainted with the beautiful and fascinating Scottish Highlands. The tour takes you from Edinburgh through historic Stirling and on to Loch Lomond. S121 ReviewsFrom £36.00
Real Mary King's Close: Guided Tour and Afternoon Tea
Explore Edinburgh’s hidden history on a fully-guided tour of the Real Mary King's Close. Discover the city’s deepest secrets and venture through subterranean streets17 ReviewsFrom £29.00
From Loch Ness & Highlands Tour in Spanish
Discover the best of Scotland in a day with a small company in a personal and friendly environment. Enjoy a different tour where you learn the mysterious tales of the Loc24 ReviewsFrom £39.00
Edinburgh White Water Rafting and Whisky Tasting
A fantastic day tour from Edinburgh experiencing white water rafting on the River Tay. Afterwards, you will enjoy a whisky tasting tour at Dewar's Distillery.From £100.00
- Best Seller
Rosslyn Chapel & Scottish Borders Tour from Edinburgh
Explore some of Scotland's fascinating history and culture on this full-day small group tour from Edinburgh. Learn about the myths of the Holy Grail and Rosslyn Chapel, a111 ReviewsFrom £32.00
Craigmillar Castle, The Borders & Rosslyn Chapel
Tour the Scottish Countryside, learning along the way of the power, the money and people. Visit the Craigmillar Castle, Melrose town, and the Chapel of Rosslyn. A beautifFrom £40.00
J. K. Rowling Harry Potter Tour
J. K. Rowling is the Queen's companion of honor, and one of Britain's foremost role models. She taught a generation to read worldwide and put a dent in the universe. Disc2 ReviewsFrom £15.00
Outer Hebrides, Skye, and Jacobite Steam Train 6 Day Tour
Join an unforgettable journey across the Highlands and islands to discover some of Scotland’s most iconic destinations as well as hidden gems. Travel from the world-famFrom £999.00