My Guide Website?
Edinburgh: Old Town History and Tales Walking Tour356 Reviews
Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Old Town of Edinburgh. Explore its historic streets with the help of a talented tour guide.
- Explore Edinburgh's historic Old Town
- Discover the stories that helped to shape a nation
- Walk the stunning winding streets and experience this UNESCO World Heritage Site
DescriptionMeet your guide on Edinburgh's iconic and historic Royal Mile, by the Statue of Adam Smith (one of Scotland's greatest thinkers). From there, your tour will be lead through the gorgeous winding streets that comprise Edinburgh's 'Old Town.' Covering everything from history to religion and folklore, this walking tour is an original tour of Edinburgh’s medieval Old Town. Your talented and entertaining guide will walk you through the streets and alleys of 'Auld Reekie', while enthralling you with with its history, folklore, and tales. Learn about the secrets Edinburgh is hiding and experience the incredible stories it has to tell, as your guide leads you through the city's long history. Topics included in the tour include Edinburgh's Mercat Cross, St. Giles Cathedral, the Scottish Enlightenment, Greyfriars Bobby, the Grassmarket, Harry Potter's inspirations, and many more. Finish your tour in the heart of Edinburgh, surrounded by several bars, restaurants, cafe's, and great transport links.
- This tour will run regardless of the weather, please dress appropriately
- Please note that children aged 15 and under will not be able to join the tour unless accompanied by a responsible adult