My Guide Website?
From Edinburgh: St Andrews & Fishing Villages of Fife Tour502 Reviews
Discover the fishing villages of the "Kingdom of Fife" on this day trip from Edinburgh and enjoy plenty of free time to explore Scotland's home of golf, the ancient town of St. Andrews.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Edinburgh:If youʻre booking your trip to Edinburgh last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Cross the iconic Forth Bridge into Fife, beginning your adventure!
- Pass through the scenic former thriving fishing centres of Crail and St Monan's
- Explore the medieval town of St Andrews - where Prince William met Kate
- Enjoy lunch and refreshments surrounded by ancient buildings and cobbled streets
DescriptionTravel through the historic country of Fife on this day trip from Edinburgh aboard an airconditioned bus. Dive into sights that you see along the way with live commentary. Stop in the charming towns of Anstruther, St. Andrews, and South Queensferry. Leave Edinburgh and admire views of the iconic Forth Rail Bridge as you cross the Firth of Forth, and enter into the ancient “Kingdom of Fife.” Pass through Aberdour before continuing into the East Neuk of Fife. Take in the views as you pass thorugh the picturesque villages of St. Monans and Pittenween, which were once thriving fishing. Reach the town of Anstruther, the home of the Scottish Fisheries Museum, where the bus will make a stop. Leaving Anstruther, journey through Crail and then arrive in the beautiful medieval town of St. Andrews in time for lunch. Have free time to walk around the town which is famous as the home of golf and has the best-known golf course in the world. Spend your three-hours of free time purchasing lunch, walking down cobbled streets, seeing the ruins of the cathedral and castle, or visiting Scotland’s oldest university, where Prince William met Kate Middleton. Heading homewards, travel across the Lomond hills, descending to Loch Leven (where Mary Queen of Scot was imprisoned). Make a brief stop to admire magnificent views of the Forth Bridges in South Queensferry before returning to Edinburgh.
IncludesTravel on a modern, comfortable coach Live commentary from your expert driver-guide
- Unfortunately due to health and safety concerns St. Andrews Castle and Cathedral are currently partially closed Unfortunately, children under 4 years old are not permitted on this tour Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated provided the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark