My Guide Website?
The Outlander 1 Day Experience from Edinburgh770 Reviews
Step back in time through unchanged, ancient villages on a full-day tour from Edinburgh. Hear about all the history and see the sights which inspired the famous TV show, Outlander.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Edinburgh:If youʻre booking your trip to Edinburgh last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Midhope Castle - The seen of Jamie’s family home, Lallybroch
- Blackness Castle - Located on the banks for the Firth of Forth, it's also Fort William in the show
- Linlithgow Palace - The birth place to Mary Queen of Scots and Wentworth Prison in the show.
- Culross - This 16th century village poses as Cranesmuir in Outlander.
- Falkland - The stand in for Inverness and where Claire & Frank honeymoon
DescriptionDeparting central Edinburgh hop aboard an air-conditioned coach and head to your first location of the day, Midhope Castle, a must for Outlander fans. The Midhope Castle is the external location of the Fraser family home known as Lallybroch. Spend time at the castle for photos and live out your Outlander fantasy before heading to the next stop, Blackness Castle. Explore the rich history within the castle walls and learn of its multi-functional history as a lordly residence, garrison fortress, and state prison. Fans of Outlander may also recognize that the exterior posed as Fort William, the foreboding headquarters of Black Jack Randall. The tour continues to the town of Linlithgow, famous for its palace, birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots. Here, outlander fans have the opportunity to see Linlithgow Palace, used as the set for the infamous Wentworth Prison in Outlander. Linlithgow Palace is where Outlander's Jamie was held prisoner and tortured by Black Jack Randall, one of the most intense scenes filmed during the TV series. Enjoy some time for refreshments and exploring before the next stop. Visit Culross next. Several parts of Culross are used to depict the village of Cranesmuir, predominantly for season 1 of Outlander. During your time here, you'll notice many of the scenes come to life as you step into the actual shooting location of the show. Following in the footsteps of Jamie and Claire, stop at the beautiful village of Falkland, nestled between the two Lomond Hills in the Howe of Fife. Fans of Outlander will recognize Falkland as the stand-in for Inverness, where Claire and Frank honeymoon. The last stop of the day is at the viewpoint of South Queensferry. Admire the Firth of Forth and the three magnificent bridges that link Edinburgh to Fife. Stretch your legs and take some final photos. On returning to Edinburgh, choose to be dropped off at Bakehouse Close, a location featured in the third series of Outlander as Jamie's print house. *Midhope Castle is only available April-December
IncludesAccess to Midhope Castle's grounds Driver-guide Transportation
- We offer several other departure points in Edinburgh, if the Apex Waterloo doesn't suit then please get in touch A small number of participants is required to run the tour. In the unlikely event the minimum number is not met and your tour is canceled, a refund, rescheduled date, or alternative tour will be offered Midhope Castle is only available April-December