Best Christmas and New Year in City Centre
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Edinburgh team
In Edinburgh, December is the second busiest time of the year after August. This is the month, when tourists from all over the world gather on Princes Street to participate in the world-famous New Year's street party, which is a part of Hogmanay!
New Year's celebrations in Scotland have special significance because for centuries, Hogmanay was the only holiday people got! There are various events taking place around that time. Concerts, German Market, music and film festivals, all take place throughout December and Hogmanay itself ends on the 2nd of January.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Edinburgh:If youʻre booking your trip to Edinburgh last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Edinburgh: Outlander Adventure Day Tour with Entry
- Edinburgh: 20-Mile Cycling Loop Tour
- Edinburgh: Ultimate Whisky Experience
- From Edinburgh: Loch Lomond, Kelpies & Stirling Castle Tour
- From Edinburgh: Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle & The Kelpies