My Guide Website?
From Edinburgh: Experience the Highlands with Whisky Tasting395 Reviews BEST SELLER
Slip into a world of history and folklore on a day trip to the Scottish Highlands from Edinburgh. Visit the glens and lochs of this vast region and taste Scottish whisky at Dewar's Whisky Distillery.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Edinburgh:If youʻre booking your trip to Edinburgh last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Witness the sloping hills and lush valleys of Scotland's breathtaking Highlands
- Follow a woodland trail to the Black Linn Falls and visit Britain's tallest tree
- Marvel at the cathedral of Dunkeld and browse the quaint shops of Pitlochry
- Visit the Queen's View at Loch Tummel and catch a glimpse of the Schiehallion peek
- Taste a wee dram of Scotland's national drink at Dewar's World of Whisky
DescriptionDiscover the vast landscapes and serene lochs of the Scottish Highlands on a day trip from Edinburgh. Explore quaint towns, follow a woodland trail, and savor the taste of authentic Scottish whisky. Depart Edinburgh on a scenic minibus ride over the Queensferry Crossing to the Kingdom of Fife. Watch the scenery change as you head north, from the rolling lowlands to forested hills and mountains as you approach the Highland Fault line. On the banks of the River Tay, make a stop at the charming cathedral town of Dunkeld. Hop off to explore its historic cathedral or wander through the quaint streets of this picturesque village. Continue to the hermitage and breathe in the fresh forest air on a woodland walk to the Black Linn Falls. Next, follow the wide valley of the River Tay towards the Victorian resort town of Pitlochry. Spend about one hour here to explore the many shops or grab a bite to eat. After lunch, drive through the mountains of Highland Perthshire, and take a short stop at the Queen's View overlooking Loch Tummel. On a clear day, witness the dramatic views of the peak of Schiehallion and the mountains of Glencoe. Next, head to the town of Aberfeldy and step inside Dewar’s Aberfeldy Distillery. Discover the secret of how Scotland's national drink is made and savor a well-deserved dram. Finally, board the minibus for a scenic return to Edinburgh.
IncludesRound-trip transportation in minibus Driver/guide Day trip Entry to Dewars Whisky Distillery (Glenturret is an alternative when Dewars is closed) Whisky tasting at Dewars Whisky Distillery
- If at any time Dewar's Distillery is closed, you will visit Glenturret Distillery as an alternative You are restricted to 14 kilograms (31 lbs) of luggage per person on the tour This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items. *Please note that Dewar's Aberfeldy Distillery will be closed on Tuesday 5th March 2024 for staff training. Unfortunately, we will be unable to visit the distillery. We will instead visit Glenturret Distillery. We apologise for the inconvenience.