Scottish Highlands & Whisky Full-Day Tour from Edinburgh21 Reviews
Taste superb Scotch whisky and see the stunning sights of the famous Highlands on a full-day tour from Edinburgh. Visit the Wallace Monument to learn about Scotland’s greatest patriot, and wander through the woods of the Hermitage.
- Drive through the majestic Highlands of Scotland
- Visit the Glenturret Distillery, Scotland oldest whisky distillery, for a 'tour and a taste' (optional)
- Keep the kids entertained with a free Scotland Activity Pack for the journey
- Enjoy a great narrative via audio guides in 6 languages
- Visit the Wallace Monument to learn about Scotland's most famous patriot
- Stroll through the woods of the Hermitage to view beautiful Black Linn Falls
- See the stunning Forth Bridge and the castle at Stirling
DescriptionEnjoy a fabulous day trip from Edinburgh to experience Scotland’s beautiful countryside just minutes from the capital. Drive to the stunning Highlands, and stop to sample a drop of the national drink to get a complete taste of Scotland. Leaving Edinburgh, the tour makes its way to the ancient capital of Stirling, where the skyline is dominated by its castle on the rock, and the iconic Wallace Monument. Stop to hear of Scotland’s most famous patriot, and his part in the medieval Wars of Independence. Say hello to “Hamish the hairy coo,” before driving through the scenic Trossachs National Park. Heading further into the Highlands, pass the shimmering waters of Loch Earn, before stopping for lunch at The Famous Grouse Experience, one of Scotland’s best known whisky distilleries. Once revived, enjoy a “wee dram” of Scotch whisky and drink the “Water of Life.” Continue to the Hermitage in the heart of Perthshire for a short woodland walk to see the spectacular Black Linn Falls on the River Braan. On the return journey, visit the quaint village of Dunkeld, an area associated with Macbeth, where the stunning cathedral sits on the banks of the River Tay. Pass the iconic Forth Bridge on the way back into Edinburgh, admiring the amazing 19th century feat of engineering.
IncludesTransportation Guide Audio guide MP3 player (subject to availability) including earphones Entrance fees Meals
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Please be advised that children under 5 years old may not take part in the tour, while anyone under 17 must be accompanied by an adult. There are no maximum age restrictions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability