Best Climbing in City Centre
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Edinburgh team
Coming to Edinburgh? Pack your rock climbing shoes! Edinburgh is one of the few capital cities in the world with a crag slap-bang in the middle.
In Holyrood Park, a section of Salisbury Crags with beautiful vistas of the cities is reserved solely for rock climbing.Permission to climb on the crags is free and gained via a pass by the Holyrood Park Ranger Service. However, if the scottish weather turns on you, there are a few indoor climbing walls including the world's largest indoor rock climbing arena in the world, the Edinburgh International Climbing Arena. In any given year the best and brightest of the sport come to compete and train in Edinburgh.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Edinburgh:If youʻre booking your trip to Edinburgh last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Edinburgh: Outlander Adventure Day Tour with Entry
- Edinburgh: 20-Mile Cycling Loop Tour
- Edinburgh: Ultimate Whisky Experience
- From Edinburgh: Loch Lomond, Kelpies & Stirling Castle Tour
- From Edinburgh: Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle & The Kelpies