Loch Ness, Inverness and Highlands 2-Day Tour from Edinburgh12 Reviews
Experience the beauty of the Scottish Highlands on a relaxed 2-day tour from Edinburgh. Get back to nature and marvel at the rivers, lochs and mountains. Learn more about the rich history of the land and spend the night in Inverness.
- Spend the night in Inverness
- Visit a single malt whisky distillery
- Journey through the dramatic landscapes of the Scottish Highlands
DescriptionGet back to nature in the Scottish Highlands and go for gentle walks. Spend the night in the city of Inverness and avail of a flexible itinerary on day 2. Day 1: Depart Edinburgh and head west to Glasgow before visiting the pretty village of Luss on the banks of Loch Lomond. Descend into Rannoch Moor and pass the Black Mount and Glencoe at the site of the 1692 massacre of the MacDonald Clan. Go for a leisurely walk to soak up the atmosphere. Head north towards Fort William and get stunning views of Ben Nevis before traveling around Loch Ness after lunch. Pass historic Urquhart Castle before arriving in Inverness, where you will spend the night. Day 2: Choose to visit the Culloden Battlefield, where Bonnie Prince Charlie was defeated by the Duke of Cumberland. Glimpse the ancient stones of Clava Cairns and taste the whisky at Dalwhinnie Distillery. Go to the old military garrison of Ruthven Barracks. Return via the Hermitage and stop for a gentle forest walk in idyllic woodlands (summer only) before crossing the Forth Bridge to arrive back in Edinburgh.
IncludesAccommodation (if option selected) Driver/guide Transportation by modern air-conditioned coach Written translations available on request Meals Entry fees to attractions
- Accommodation roughly costs £18 to £25 per person at a youth hostel, £40 to £65 per person at a B&B, and £75 and over per person at a hotel
- Tours require a minimum of 6 passengers to operate
- Bring comfortable walking shoes and a waterproof jacket • You are allowed 1 medium sized suitcase per person
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability