Best Italian Restaurants in Old Town
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Edinburgh team
Italian cuisine is famous the world over for its taste and simplicity. Most dishes do not require more than 4 ingredients to make. Italian chefs rely on the quality of the ingredients to produce tasty food rather than on their elaborate preparation.
A lot of Italian dishes are the creation of grandmothers rather than the chefs themselves, this is one of the main reasons behind the popularity of this cuisine. Because there is quite a large Italian community settled in Edinburgh, these proud food connoisseurs are passionate about their cuisine and would rather lose a hand than a good reputation of their restaurant.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Edinburgh:If youʻre booking your trip to Edinburgh last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Edinburgh: Outlander Adventure Day Tour with Entry
- Edinburgh: 20-Mile Cycling Loop Tour
- Edinburgh: Ultimate Whisky Experience
- From Edinburgh: Loch Lomond, Kelpies & Stirling Castle Tour
- From Edinburgh: Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle & The Kelpies