Loch Ness & The Highlands with Hotel Pick-Up from Edinburgh
Take the ultimate Scotland tour, experience the beauty of the Scottish Highlands and see for yourself if the Loch Ness Monster is lurking under the water.
Are you a business owner in Edinburgh?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Edinburgh.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Travel through Glen Coe
- Walk along the banks of Loch Ness, or take an optional cruise
- Stop near Fort William for lunch on your own
- Enjoy spectacular views
- See the Forth Road and rail bridges
DescriptionExplore the beauty of Scotland’s Highlands on a 12-hour scenic driving tour by comfortable coach. Following a hotel pick-up in central Edinburgh, you will head towards Stirling, catching views of the Castle and Wallace Monument. Continue towards Callander, and stop for morning coffee, and the chance to meet “Hamish the Hairy Coo.” Head northwards to the Highlands over Rannoch Moor, until you reach the dark, brooding Pass of Glencoe, where you will stop to learn the haunting story of the famous massacre of 1692. After crossing Loch Leven at Ballachulish, stop for lunch in the Fort William area, then follow the course of the Caledonian Canal up the Great Glen to Fort Augustus on Loch Ness. Here, you have the option to cruise on the loch for approximately 1 hour, or relax in the tranquil village on the banks of the loch. After Loch Ness you will head South East and take in magnificent views of Loch Laggan. You should catch a quick view of the magnificent Blair Castle, home of the Dukes of Atholl for over 700 years, before making a stop in picturesque Pitlochry, a delightful Victorian resort town. Then head south through the Kingdom of Fife, past Perth and over the Forth Road Bridge alongside the amazing Forth Bridge before arriving back in Edinburgh.
IncludesHotel pick-up (where possible) Transportation Guide
- Tours are conducted by an English speaking driver/guide. Written guides are available in different languages
- Please Note: It is not always possible to pick-up from the door of hotels or guest houses. The local tour provider will do its best to ensure you do not have to walk far to meet the tour
- Drop off: no guarantee can be given that you will be dropped off exactly where you were picked up. Sometimes you can be, depending on the route back into the city. Your driver will discuss this with you. Drop-offs are at convenient points back in the city center
- Latecomers will not be accommodated. No refund will be given for late passengers or passengers who miss the coach
- This tour has an 8 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered
- Minimum age to participate is 5 years
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Scottish Dining Experience in Edinburgh
Enjoy an authentic taste of Scottish cuisine with a fellow foodie! Be it a classic Scottish dish in a historic pub or a contemporary twist on the city’s traditional meaFrom £107.00
Edinburgh 3-Hour Bike Tour: Holyrood Park & Portobello
See Edinburgh from the saddle of a bicycle on a 3-hour bike tour of the city center, Holyrood Park and Portobello Promenade. Pedal a mix of cycle paths and safe roads to7 ReviewsFrom £28.00
Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond & Whisky Tour from Edinburgh
Spend a day getting acquainted with the beautiful and fascinating Scottish Highlands. The tour takes you from Edinburgh through historic Stirling and on to Loch Lomond. S121 ReviewsFrom £36.00
Real Mary King's Close: Guided Tour and Afternoon Tea
Explore Edinburgh’s hidden history on a fully-guided tour of the Real Mary King's Close. Discover the city’s deepest secrets and venture through subterranean streets17 ReviewsFrom £29.00
From Loch Ness & Highlands Tour in Spanish
Discover the best of Scotland in a day with a small company in a personal and friendly environment. Enjoy a different tour where you learn the mysterious tales of the Loc24 ReviewsFrom £39.00
Edinburgh White Water Rafting and Whisky Tasting
A fantastic day tour from Edinburgh experiencing white water rafting on the River Tay. Afterwards, you will enjoy a whisky tasting tour at Dewar's Distillery.From £100.00
- Best Seller
Rosslyn Chapel & Scottish Borders Tour from Edinburgh
Explore some of Scotland's fascinating history and culture on this full-day small group tour from Edinburgh. Learn about the myths of the Holy Grail and Rosslyn Chapel, a111 ReviewsFrom £32.00
Craigmillar Castle, The Borders & Rosslyn Chapel
Tour the Scottish Countryside, learning along the way of the power, the money and people. Visit the Craigmillar Castle, Melrose town, and the Chapel of Rosslyn. A beautifFrom £40.00
J. K. Rowling Harry Potter Tour
J. K. Rowling is the Queen's companion of honor, and one of Britain's foremost role models. She taught a generation to read worldwide and put a dent in the universe. Disc2 ReviewsFrom £15.00
Outer Hebrides, Skye, and Jacobite Steam Train 6 Day Tour
Join an unforgettable journey across the Highlands and islands to discover some of Scotland’s most iconic destinations as well as hidden gems. Travel from the world-famFrom £999.00